ROBBED..ROBBED..ROBBED

I have watched the replay at least 10 times...the last one to touch the ball was Hamilton Player #31.
It did not touch the Sask player as it was punched-out.

It should have been Hamilton's ball...on the Sask fumble, on the 1 yd line.

Officiating on this call was B/S.
Ti-Cat Players can hold their heads high...after this one.

Cheers

the player causing the fumble is not considered in posession by nature of causing the fumble, another player has to touch the ball, or the person causing the fumble has to knock it out after the fumble has been caused in order for the defending team to gain possession.

there is no disputing the call. It's been this way for a long time

Glovesave....when a ball rolls out of bounds, on a fumble, the player's team last to touch the ball..gets possession.
Hamilton all on the 1 yd line.

I rest my case.

Cheers.

Please, please, explain...

A player in the middle of the hash marks fumbles the ball.

Its a legitimate fumble.

The ball rolls around, and does NOT go over a sideline, but rather through the endzone, out of touch.

How do you give the ball back to the team that has fumbled?

How do you give the ball back to the team that has fumbled?
You don't...... Reff's, blew this one.

You simply do it. How do you not if that is the rule?

POINT FINAL! Well stated! :smiley:

We can argue that the CFL rule should be like the NFL rule re fumbles that leave the end zone: that the defensive team should get the ball on its 20-yard line. As the rules stand, the referees got the possession right, although the ballspot on the 1-yard line is debatable.

Oski Wee Wee,

I think on any play that the ball gets loose they should instate a few second delay for the refs to blow the whistle

I understand that's what the rule is in the CFL. But I think in the NFL, the defending team would have possession. So it seems to be the rule, rather than the call, that some people here will say is wrong.

no, it's the last player in possession and as I described above, by the rules of possission of teh football, we did not have possession.

I rest my case...again.

the refs got the call right. You can dislike the rule but that is all

It’s a strange rule, but all the explanations from the refs and the broadcasters were positive about it. No one’s saying it wasn’t a fumble. The point is that the Cats have to touch it after the fumble to gain possession. The fact that it rolled through the endzone…apparently that is the rule, to give it to the fumbling team on the 1 yd line. Should it be that way, is debatable. But if that’s how the rule is written the right call was made.

My question is why are the refs so damn quick with the whistle

Isn’t it our ball no matter what if it is fumbled through our endzone?

I’m pretty sure that is the rule in the NFL and it should be the same here. If not thats absolutely bush league!

If a player fumbles the ball through their opposing teams endzone(Forced or not) it should have been called a touchback and the ball would be brought out to the 25-30yard line and the other team gets possession. If Hamilton had this exact thing happen would the outcome be the same? Probably not, since we always seem to be on the short end of the stick when it comes down to game deciding calls.

I know its all over and done now, but thats a huge call that changed a Ti-Cats win to a loss. There is no point in arguing the call any more but the league should definitely take a look at the play and think about a rule change.

look up the rules guys, you make us look like idiots bitching about this call.

If a player fumbles the ball through their opposing teams endzone(Forced or not) it should have been called a touchback and the ball would be brought out to the 25-30yard line and the other team gets possession. If Hamilton had this exact thing happen would the outcome be the same? Probably not, since we always seem to be on the short end of the stick when it comes down to game deciding calls.
If not first and ten on the 1 yd line...my second thought was exactly what you were saying...a touch-back. Perhaps someone can state the rulebook on this thought....not that it is going to make any difference on the out come of the game.

#1, it makes nobody look like an idiot by making a post against that call, it's a bush league rule, that should be removed ASAP. That rule is a joke, and I'm sure 7 out of 8 teams in this league currently agree. It'll be changed to the NFL standard. Nice first post, generally you try to steer away from calling posters idiots.

#2, ALL the TICAT players, including our coach, bitched about the same call, do you think they're idiots too?

look up the rules guys, you make us look like idiots bitching about this call.
Sorry, Wesuck...I don't have a rule book in front of me.

I could not agree more with the name of this thread.