Rob Murphy a ticat?

With that logic, might as well trade the whole team for draft picks. I know , I know what else can they use to justify getting corked that bad. Still dosen’t wash.

Couldnt get Canada so instead of taking the players Taman offered he got a draft pick and player rights.

Isnt that what you said good team’s do? “collect” draft picks?

We know your little hobby is to find fault with Ham. but you have to watch you dont run in circles or people wont take you seriously (if they ever did).

If you recall. I didn't like the trade because I felt at the time that Hamilton was going to be impacted badly in the last spot for the playoff race by giving Moreno up and having a future coming the other way. Ended up being proven right as Moreno helped Winnipeg climb to second spot and Hamilton managed to win one game without Moreno.

Only you would tie this with the current discussion of trading the same pick back to Winnipeg for Glenn. So instead of trying to discredit what others say, why don't you enlighten us with your opinion? Oh that's right you keep that for your fake site :slight_smile:

Like anyone cares you didnt like the trade. Crediting Moreno with WPG getting into the playoffs is a joke it was WPG’s trade landing Joe Smith which sparked their offense plus Toronto’s collapse is what got them into one playoff game.

One minute draft picks are key then you disparage them.

Get it figured out then come back and try again.

Not my site. But thanks for reading. Lots do.

Still no opinion :slight_smile:

Opinion on what?

Looks like The Bombers org disagrees with you as well as all of those that voted him to a second all star award and probably a fair number of Ticat fans.

Moreno, acquired by Winnipeg on September 9 in a trade with Hamilton, [u][b]made an immediate impact with the Blue Bombers.[/b][/u] The second-year CFL’er finished the season as the league’s top tackler (97) and had three quarterback sacks. This is the [b][u]second consecutive East Division All-Star award for Moreno[/u][/b].
Opinion: Should the Ticats acquire Glenn and if so what do you think would be a fair price

An organization puffing up one of their players? Unbelievable.

Re: Glenn.

Porter is going to be the starter and if Printers is gone they will need a backup that’s clearly safer to put into a game if needed than someone with no experience like Trafalis or someone who’s not a genuine starting QB like Williams.

There isnt anyone out there that is readily available that matches that description other than Glenn.

Kelly is desperate to unload so he wont ask for much.
I would give him, but not all, Bekasiuk, Rempel or Bo Smith, 2010 pick.

Bombers didn't vote Moreno an All Star.

Thanks for the answer. I think that is a fair price to pay with the 2010 pick being conditional.

Don't see what the big deal is. Before he was traded I recall there being a number of "Where's Zeke" threads. Truth is that playoffs or not this team was never going to win the grey cup this year with the schemes we were running and the players we had on defense.

Suddenly Zeke gets traded and it's like we traded away a future HoFer after all the complaining about how his game had slid and whatnot. It was only after we found out that we weren't getting Canada back that things got a little crazy. I'm sure if Canada had been healthy and wanted to be here it would have been a different ball game -- but that's just speculative.

People also fault Obie for getting rid of Armour. Given the amount of trouble the guy has with the law I'm not too worried about that. Especially since we brought in Knowlton on the other side and hopefully we'll be seeing some good things from Floyd or some other import on the other side.

I'm kind of tired of all the ragging Obie gets around here, especially considering the turnaround (and I will call it that, as I felt this team was much more competitive this year) we had. Our receiving corps are tenfold better than they were, say, two years ago. That's not to mention defensive backs (re-signing Bradley, trading for Thompson) as well as our offense going from worst in the league to middle of the pack.

I love how well people stay on topic around here! If you want to continue to cry about the Moreno trade make a thread or pull up an old one(the better choice) since there are a massive amount of these threads around.

I was over the trade, a day or 2 after it all went down but I guess people around here just don't like to let go sometimes. Well these are mostly the same people who are always on here voicing how upset they are about EVERY possible thing this organization does.

So if you would like to discuss how much all your panties are in a knot, how about you do all us non whiners a favour and make your own thread and avoid ruining other actual interesting topics.[annoyed rant/]

Well now that I have all that out of the way... I am getting more and more excited as the days count down to free agency, Rob Murphy(if its true) will be a major improvement to our offense. I can only imagine this will make a statement to the other free agents that we are putting together a contender. This might result in a couple of surprising big name signings from the Cats.

I can't wait for Feburary 16!

If the rumour amount is as above it sounds earily similar to old Rocky Butler.
That is laughable especially with the salary commited to Glen.
The Bombers gave up a second round pick for Leflors who by the Winnipeg’s GMs evaluation is a superior QB and is paid 1/2 the amount.
So lets start with a 3rd rounder a go down from there…although he will be released if the Cats do not pick him up.
The problem being it might not be until well in to training camp which for a QB is tough.

I never complained about Zeke’s game. I realized that with the COMPLETE lack of support he had and ZERO leadership from his “Coach” (if you can call Creehan that) it was natural that he wasn’t going to have the kind of success he had with a guy like Armour beside him.

As for the “ragging” O’Billovich gets, you’ll have to forgive me if that doesn’t bring me to tears. He gets paid to make the right decisions and he’s gotten a boatload of credit from many people around here for the good moves he’s made (Knowlton, Thompson) so he needs to be ready to take the flack for the boneheaded moves. Say what you will about Desjardins, but at least he could pretend taht he was addressing a need (QB) when he made that lop-sided trade for Butler. The Moreno trade addressed no needs, except for WPG’s of course.

Back to the topic at hand, as much as I hate to say it, Murphy would be a big help to us at this point. Still don’t like him though… lol

People... Zeke is gone... he isn't one of us anymore.. accept it... move on...

PLEASE!@#

Agreed on Rob Murphy, but if he can help us win I don’t really care if he’s a huge Jerk so long as: 1. he keeps his nose clean legally, 2. he doesn’t cause problems in the dressing room.

On the Obie front. I suppose I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to accomplish by mentioning the Moreno trade in every thread which has the least mention of Obie in it. Unless you are: 1. trying to get him fired, 2. trying to get him to get Moreno back by gaining public support for said move 3. ???

Unless your goal is option 1 (to which I say, “Why?!”) then it seems pretty redundant, doesn’t it? Moreno isn’t coming back and it wasn’t a good trade. We can now move on so long as Obie doesn’t trade the house for Kevin Glenn

!@#%Your right the Zeke trade is gone, but the guy that made it is still here and getting ready to make another potentially one just like it, how can people forget. In BC Obie had Wally to keep him in check here he has nobody. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> !@#%

I have no agenda and I don’t bring up the Moreno trade in every thread that has a mention of O’Billovich in it. The truth is that those of us who were upset by the trade had given up mentioning it, but it tends to get mentioned by those who defended it. I’m not trying to get anyone fired (I stopped that after Taaffe and Creehan :smiley: ). I’m merely trying to balance out all the back-patting O’Billovich is getting for some of the moves he’s made. I truly hope that he builds the team that he has been hired for and that he brings us lots of success. I realize that Moreno isn’t coming back, however I get a little frustrated when I hear people defend the trade as if it were a good move. Saying that we had a cheaper, younger, capable back-up waiting in the wings when that just wasn’t the case.

I’m willing to grant that people can make mistakes and that this was a very big one. O’Billovich has made several good moves and that fact that he realized that extending Setta was a priority gives me hope, but I’m not convinced that he’s not going to “trade the farm for Glenn”. Time will tell.

I’m also at the point where I don’t care if the guy is a complete idiot, if he can contribute to a winning season I say bring him in.

You would accept a complete idiot, bg?

'We don't want no complete idiots' [grammar]
like the seldom lamented Jason Maas around here.

someone like Murphy who is a bit emotional, and
capable of losing it in the heat of battle maybe.

You know I sometimes regret that
Adriano Belli is not here anymore.

Me too, Ron. Now stop stirring the pot!! :smiley:

I like how some people question his personality off the field based on his on field play. Just because a guy plays on the edge and sometimes over, this does not make him in one bit a bad person off the field.

Now forgive me if I have missed something but has there ever been a story or any form of rumor where Rob Murphy has been labeled a locker room cancer or bad team player??

I think everyone just assumes he is a bad person off the field or in the locker room because he plays like a mean SOB and punishes opposing team's defenses. Sure he gets heated and takes a dumb penalty here and there but every player in this game has done this before. As an offensive lineman they usually get the most heated during the course of a game because they are the ones battling the hardest every down.

Now I recall one play in 2007 where Murphy pinned down Adam Braidwood on a play and as it continued down field Rob refused to let him up and had his hand pretty much on the throat/face mask of Braidwood. Now as I remember most people called Murphy dirty then but that entire play he did nothing against the rules and at the same time he got Braidwood and a couple of his teammates off their game and virtually dominated them the entire game.

It's players like Murphy we NEED on our team and whether or not he is a "Dirty" player doesn't mean he is an a$$ off the field or a cancer in the locker room.

ronfromtigertown, thank you for mentioning Adriano Belli, he is one player that I have been mad at a couple times on other teams but when he was here I loved his play because as fans we are ALL biased when it comes to questionable plays or players. Now everyone knows Belli is a "dirty" on the edge type player but this does not mean in anyway that he is a bad person off the field.

So why does Belli get labeled a nice guy off the field and Murphy is a bad person, when Belli is by far the more "dirty" and more harmful player to their team(ie.stupid penalties).