Road Games

With the season not far off, and most teams opening up single game tickets this week, it was time to make the road trip plans for the season.

The obvious one is the Argos game at BMO June 22nd. Those tickets went on sale this morning at 10am. The section behind the Cats bench is selling quickly…but overall, tons of tickets available.

Next away game is in Montreal on a weeknight. (Thurs July 4th). Tough to make a trip to Montreal on a Thursday night. Next road game is in Sask. I’ve always wanted to go to a game in Saskatchewan, but with this years game also on a Thursday night (August 1st), our trip will have to wait for another year.

Cats next away game will be the weekend of the summer! August 17th in Ottawa. Saturday game at 4pm! Perfect for a road trip. Wife and I considered our options, and decided to make a weekend of it, staying over Friday night and Saturday night. Been a few years since we saw a game at TD Place. Love that stadium!

Following weekend (Saturday) we are in BC. A trip I’d like to make some day, but definitely the most expensive place to see a road game.

After the LDC weekend, we have our back to backs in Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary on the Saturday and Edmonton the following Friday. That would be an amazing trip to do both games, staying out there between. Mid September would be a great time to see these games! Perfect early fall weather.

Our final two road games are in Winnipeg last weekend in September, then back in Montreal Saturday October 26th. It’s a 1pm early afternoon game. Might be worth looking into that weekend like the Ottawa weekend. Head out Friday, staying over Friday and Saturday.

Ti-Cat fans travel well! Hope to see ya’ll out and about this season. If not, see ya at THF!!

I did that trip last year for the first two games of the season. Four days in Calgary and three days in Edmonton, plus a trip to Banff in between. Calgary was nice, even though the whole downtown basically shuts down and is mostly deserted during the weekend. What can I say about Edmonton? Not much going on in that city unless you enjoy being hassled for money by the homeless. Nice football stadium which was easy to get to from the downtown LRT.

Hate to tell you this but that is not early fall out here. That can be early winter.