Ritchie Williams

Whats the problem , Its total BS that he is not getting any snaps in this game :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: BRUTAL.................... :oops:

we already know what he can do

i think he's gone in the offseason

next year it will be porter / tafralis / crandall

If we pick up Crandell for Richie I will be steamed. I also think it is brutal how Richie isn't getting any snaps.

that would be even more stupid than keeping printers

the problem is that you need at least 1 veteran who has had some success in this league. going into a season with porter, tafralis and williams is a recipe for disaster is we start 0-4 or 0-5.

I like Porter and Tafralis. Where does Richie fit in? I personally don't think he does. I see Porter and Tafralis becoming Jackson and Pierce in BC.

Putting Williams in now is pointless like I said before, we know what he can do. It seems like the team plays different when someone other than printers plays.

why? we need a veteran qb to compliment porter and tafralis. printers provides none of this and richie doesn't have the experience.

i think this would actually be a bright move.

You like Porter and Tafralis? Porter has had one great game, one good game, and two very average games, and is already the starter for next year? Ask Rider fans about what happened to them with Marvin Graves.
Now Tafralis, one game in relief and he is already making the team for next year?

Just imagine where we would be if we made what you are suggesting we do.

We would have a starter of Kevin Eakin, a backup in Marcus Brady, and Khari Jones as third string, not bad eh?

If we pick up Crandell for Richie I will be steamed. I also think it is brutal how Richie isn't getting any snaps.
[/quote]
the problem is that you need at least 1 veteran who has had some success in this league. going into a season with porter, tafralis and williams is a recipe for disaster is we start 0-4 or 0-5.

I like Porter and Tafralis. Where does Richie fit in? I personally don't think he does. I see Porter and Tafralis becoming Jackson and Pierce in BC.

Putting Williams in now is pointless like I said before, we know what he can do. It seems like the team plays different when someone other than printers plays.
[/quote]
You like Porter and Tafralis? Porter has had one great game, one good game, and two very average games, and is already the starter for next year? Ask Rider fans about what happened to them with Marvin Graves.
Now Tafralis, one game in relief and he is already making the team for next year?

Just imagine where we would be if we made what you are suggesting we do.

We would have a starter of Kevin Eakin, a backup in Marcus Brady, and Khari Jones as third string, not bad eh?
[/quote]
And Casey Printers with his 1-15 starting record for the Cats is the man?

I like what I see in Porter. He reminds me of Mike Kerrigan. He has a lot of potential. You improve the oline and he's even better.

Tafralis has shown some good things. I have said in a previous post that he should not have played this year. You do what you did with Porter, let him have a training camp under his belt. The time he has now, he should be studying the Canadian game.

If Porter isn't the starter here next year who will it be?

-Printers.........um no
-Williams........good back up, not a starter
-Tafralis.........too young

I would like to know your opinion cuz I have not heard 1 opinion better thant QP, AT and MC.

Bellefeuille is not a head coach or an OC or even a scout. He's calm, cool, and collected...but his judgement on players and his propensity for ineffective play selections are what got him fired from Saskathewan and Montreal. Ritchie Williams should have been starting the last 5 games. I will tell you right now that if Porter, Trafalis are #'s 1 and 2 next year, we will be out of the playoffs by early Oct. BTW Printers is done here.

I think it's funny how so many people hated MB as the OC but love him as HC. You are crazy!!!!

Who is going to be our QBs next year then? You bring another QB "saviour"?

It's funny, you throw out an opinion and get your neck sliced but no one has come up with a better combination that Porter / Tafralis / Crandall.

Please, someone give me a better combination that can win more games than this!

Thanks!

I say we bring them all to camp, let them fight it out, whomever wins the job based on camp alone gets the starting job. If one falters we go to the number 2. I think that we shouldn't cut any of our QB's until at least the end of camp if at any time. This means keeping Casey and not cutting him to overpay for yet another NFL cut.

My problem is that if you cut Casey now, you take his salary and sign 3 or 4 linemen (o and d). If you wait until the end training camp, you won't be able to sign anyone decent at that point. You are picking from everyone elses scrap pile.

You cut CP at the end of training camp, you are again waiting for NFL cuts to become available in September. Again,it would be too little, too late.

I would have a lot of confidence going with Porter, Williams, and Tafralis, in any order.

Thank you FYB! You are the first person to criticize my opinion and provide one of your own.

Do you think that Richie got any attention from any other teams? I dont know where else he would fit in, maybe as backup to Callvio?

Doubt it....

At this point the Als are looking for somebody to gradually take over from AC, just like AC took over from Ham.

Williams is a good guy who gets the max out of his limited tools. If you can't throw in the CFL, you can't play QB, no matter how good your wheels are. Richie, to put it bluntly, throws like he is pitching bowling balls.

Printers to the Als is a better bet...wouldnt mind seeing try to play with a good Oline and receiving corps.

Richie will go on to be very successful with another team, as so many others have done.

The kid has talent and spark and he gets things done, but apparently that isn't enough around here because his throwing motion doesn't fit in with the norm. :roll:

I wish Richie all the best because he's a great guy and a team player and deserves much more of a shot than he's gotten here.

It isn't the motion that I am talking about, its what happens to the ball after it leaves his hand. He can't throw the ball hard enough or far enough to be an effective STARTING Qb. He doesn't have the gun like AC or the accuracyt and touch of a Ricky Ray. As a back up, his running and ability to improvise and make yds out of nothing is an asset.

Thats better than being out by Labour Day like the last few years!

I predict Williams will be traded before the draft for a starting O or D lineman.