Ritchie Williams

With Printers here now, and Chang fairing poorly in 2 starting opportunities, Williams should get a greater amount of long deserved playing time, albeit, only as a soon to be #2 on the depth chart. He got shafted last year when the weak team management caved in to Eakins demands for starts. and he got shafted out of #2 spot at this seasons beginning.

The moment Rocky Butler left this organization at the end of training camp, Williams should have been slotted as #2 QB. But our new coach fell for the same thing as many of the blind groupy fans here did, one game luck by a green QB in an exhibition game against a team who was doing a heck of a lot experimenting with their roster.

It should be clear to everyone now that, as long as Williams can accept being second fiddle to Casey, he deserves to be here long after Chang is traded or outright released at this season's end.

Because the Maas circumstance has shamefullyly dragged on for nearly 2 years, because dreaming minds locked on Chang, and now because the signing of Casey has ocurred, a great opportunity for Richie Williams to be able to prove he can develop into a starting quality QB in this league has come and gone.

This all begs the question. Who will be here longer? Williams or Taaffe?

Taaffe, if Printers can get the rebuilding accelerated by upping the QB production, then Charlie is safe. I really hope Richie develops into a solid QB here, either as a backup or as a starter if something unforeseen happens with Casey. If he does, he'll get the call somewhere else eventually. A win-win for us and for the league in that eventuality.

If it all goes to pot, then Charlie will be gone. Richie as well if he's in on it, but I doubt that given the depth chart as is now.

OSki Wee Wee,

In MY PERFECT world, Richie will get the Coaching Attention he DESERVES for the NEXT 3 seasons as Printers' Apprentice ...

After Casey brings two or three Grey Cup Championships to Hamilton, he can then TRY AGAIN, to resume his NFL career ... Leaving Richie Williams the reigns to CONTINUE the League Wide DOMINANCE the Cats will have ESTABLISHED.

Peace.

My eyes just got a wee bit watery. Cheers to that.

Looks for my #1 printed Kleenex. LMAO

I’m not AMG, but if I may…

For me, as a fan it would be a coin flip, because as fans we’ve not seen a fair demonstration from either QB.

As AMG has stated, Williams has yet to take a meaningful snap. ( And yes, he played great in TO)Chang has had two starts in very difficult circumstances against a dominating Rich Stubler defence. Hardly fair to evaluate him too.

So, I think that we as fans are not qualified to determine who should be number 2. We just haven’t seen enough. It’s totally up to the coaches who have way more information at their disposal with which to make such a determination.

I think that we as fans are not qualified to determine who should be number 2. We just haven't seen enough.
Personally, I DON'T THINK you are QUALIFIED to determine who is qualified, or not.

Peace.

I was impressed with Richie's mobility, ability to get rid of the ball, and sense pressure. His second TD should have been INT, but I digress.

To give Chang hell for the loss is useless. The difference between MAAS and Chang was that MAAS wasn't a rookie. Chang is. MAAS was not gonna win, so might as well let Chang work his way into games.

I would love to see Printers starting (obviously) with Chang and Williams backing up (for atleast 2 years).

With that said, what has not happened with this team for years is the Cats being up in a game by 2 or 3 TD's in the 4th quarter. With Printers in at QB, this might start happening. THen, give Chang and Richie time to mopup and get some time.

WHen Printers time here is done in 3 years (or more) Chang and Richie will be ready to roll. At least here's hoping!

Man the dudes right all these people bashing Timmy he's started two flipping games come one people grow up, you guys stood by mass for what his 7-25 whatever record as a starter and well now after 2 starts you start bashing Timmy, he's obviously really good it takes more then 2 games to become an instant star, all you Chang haters grow up, and don't comment on these Forums you make me sick with how dumb you can be!

chang for qb. Timmy chang will never be more than a below avg. qb in any professional league. He will regularly hurt you more than he will help. He will throw as many ints. as tds. He is not a leader. And is very erratic under pressure.

I don’t think you are qualified to determine that I am not qualified to determine who is qualified or not.

I don't think you are qualified to determine that I am not qualified to determine who is qualified or not
EXACTLY !!

So, in the future, don’t PRESUME to be able to SPEAK for ME … cuz I do know MY QUALIFICATIONS.

When you say “we fans” … speak for YOURSELF.

Peace.

Williams.

Why?

1. Chang is not ready to play and it has been proven by his latest two performances. (Chang not being ready to play has been my stance the entire season.)

2. Williams has been around for a few years now and has more experience.

Now I have a question for you…did you read my original post? Or better yet, did you understand it?

I’m not going to bat for Chang saying he should be #2. I’m saying we shouldn’t cut him and we shouldn’t overreact to Richie’s successful mop-up performance.

I’m so sick of people ripping on our players…that’s pretty much what this is about. It’s not about a like or dislike for Chang or Williams.

But I’m not speaking for you.

I said “I think” which is not the same as “I know” or any other factual claim.

I’m offering an opinion, not stating a fact.

Big, big difference.

Furthermore I explained my reasoning for my opinion which is fair game for criticism. I explained why I think fans, in general are not qualified to make such a determination. Feel free to explain why some might be.

That’s how these boards work.

Although I agree with this statement, I personally don’t think Chang was ready to start. To me, it would’ve made more sense to give Williams the start on labour day because of his experience with this offence and in the league. (Not that he has much, but he has more than Chang.)

But then I ask myself this…how can you not start Chang when he has cleary been the #2 QB all year on the depth chart?

It’s was a lose-lose situation for our coaching staff.

The bottom line is, everyone will always like the next guy in line. The back-up QB will always be the most popular player on a struggling team until he comes in and fails. Then the 3rd string guy will be the most popular especially when he does what Williams did on Saturday.

Regardless, the only thing that matters now is that we have a true #1 in Printers.

I don’t care who is listed as #2, #3 or #75.

I would give Chang the benefit of the doubt, were it not for the fact that Williams so clearly outplayed him against Toronto that it would be weird not to reward that performance with a promotion to no. 2 quarterback. This is all moot anyway. Casey is your no. 1 guy.

^^^ I agree. It’s uusally not an issue who the number 2 QB is until he gets his chance and then struggles. That’s what we’re seeing now.

Based on what was happening all season. I see why Chang started against Toronto. There`s no use second guessing now. But after Williams showing near the end of the third. He obviously deserves to be the backup.

Williams not only threw with more zip on the ball. But his decisions were much better. The same with his scrambling ability.

All around, I would say from what Ive seen of both QBs. Williams is better.

From what I've seen ...Williams is more relaxed. We wanted to see what the back-ups can do and now we have.

I'm not about throw the towel in on Timmy Chang though! He will be alright with some more time!

Williams has a full year of being in the CFL...Chang has only this year!

I'm hoping that Taaffe will work with Williams and Chang more, once we get Printers up to speed!

I can`t believe we went from having one of the worst qb situations to one of the best!!