Rita got to go as well as Agro receivers (merged)

Im sorry Im an Argo fan, but why bring back a receiver like Reggie McNeil, who seems to be extremely weak catching the balls, too many drops, he did the same last yr.He is not good enough to be a CFL receiver! Why do have this guy around. Rita you are not thinking straight. There are alot better receivers around and you need a face lift, in receivers. Joseph needs receivers! Go after Armstrong and release these receivers that are not good enough. Rita you have the worst receivers in the CFL, which is a passing game, where is your expertise, Im sorry you are not doing the job. Time is up for you, unless you make some quick and fast changes in your receiving core. Come on, get with the program! Or Argo owners get someone that can catch the ball and run your team! Sorry, but I know Im right! These receivers you have are not good enough, and it`s early in the season so do something about it now, or be a disgrace on the field for another yr.

id have to agree....argos recievers are the worst group i can ever remember them having.

bruce and talbot, then no-namers.
why not bring in armstrong, and or flick?

....i thought you guys were looking at Armstrong....did he not pass the required medical?????? :roll:

... i totally disagree with your timing on this wspidel and think you need to give this argo group one more week to gel...don't make ANY changes until next Monday....except maybe for Bruce at least partially remove his head from his a$$ so he can see the ball coming sooner...

I would have thought they would go after Armstrong as well. They seem weak at reciever. I think it will take Andrus a lot longer to turn the Argos around Trestman inherited a good football team.

go after armstrong, he'l make an immediate impact. beyond that there are a lot of good young recievers out there i do think the argos need to start looking at soem guys but R&W is right give it another week who knows what might happen.

Also quits on his teammates . But your right he is a good reciever, when he feels like playing.

So he's a headcase......when has that ever deterred the Argos.

Otherwise, given what they pay Joseph, Bruce, Younger, Murphy et. al., the Argos may have some trouble spending big bucks on receivers due to SMS concerns...which means they are left with kids, who normally have a tough time making an immediate impact, and can be plagued by inconsistency....which is exactly what they are facing now,

If this is the best crew they had coming out of camp, it's likely not going to improve dramatically more with new bodies than it will giving the present group some time.

The Argos need to get better at developing their own talent, instead of raiding other teams in free agency. With the SMS, that approach isn't going to get them very far.

What they need to do is clear their front office of geriatrics and motivational speakers and put people willing to scout and outwork or at least work equally as hard as their opponents. Rita and Mohns should have been asked to GTFO of TO when they canned Stubbler. When I saw the 3 stooges present Don Matthews, you knew they had no clue where to go or how to get there.

It's pretty bad when you try to raid other teams practice rosters of guys (S.J Green) who's prospective employers have been working with for 3 years developing them in to pro ball players.

The only thing that can account for the poor scouting in that organisation year after year is poor work ethics and bad ressource management.

GET SOME DECENT RECEIVERS RITA, YOU ARE OVER PAYING THESE PLAYERS, THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY THEM WHAT YOU ARE PAYING THEM.THIS IS PROBABLY THE REASON YOU DONT HAVE A DECENT CFL RECEIVER IN A PASSING FOOTBALL LEAQUE, REALLY SMART RITA, THESE PLAYERS SHOULD BE PAID ALOT LEAST, THEY ARE OVERPAID! STOP PAYING THESE PLAYERS WHAT YOU PAYING THEM, SPREAD MORE AMONGST YOUR TEAM NOT THREE PLAYERS, THIS HAS TO STOP ITS RUINING THE CFL AND QUALITY OF OUR GAME AND TEAMS AND THE CFL. All teams in the CFL have to stop THIS, CASE AND POINT, LOOK AT BURRISS PLAY FOR THE STAMPS SINCE HIS BIG CONTRACT, THE CFL OWNERS DO NOT HAVE TO PAID THESE PLAYERS AS MUCH AS THEY ARE, IT`S RUINS THE TEAM AND THE QUALITY OF OUR GAME.

are you sure you're not a ti-cat fan? :wink:

...yes, go with the all-caps spelling approach....Rita is definately going to sit up and pay attention now....

I got the all CAPS page and came as soon as I could! I'm not quite sure who these Agro's are, but by the sounds of them I'd like my team to play them again, and soon. /popcorn

Toronto has a bunch of young kids and Arland Bruce, and as long as Bruce is thinking about TD celebrations instead of winning, Toronto just has a bunch of young kids. I don't get Arland Bruce's new attitude. Does he think just because he has a former NFL coach that he can get away with Chad Ochocinco- and TO-type celebrations? After hearing the harsh words Bart Andrus had for his team after Saturday's meltdown, I'm not sure I'd want to push it. Even Ochocinco knows there's a time to celebrate and a time to focus.

Pinball is a great motivator and team ambassador, and this year he is purely in PR. So he isn't really involved here. It's Rita and Mohns who have really dropped the ball. The Argos have had a terrible offense for years now, barring Damon Allen's MOP season in 2004 (I think it was); you'd think they'd try to bring in quality talent to push the receivers at camp. But no, all they have is Bruce, Talbot, and a bunch of journeymen. McNeal is okay, but his value is primarily as a swingman. He's really nothing special as a receiver.

Armstrong, Dominguez, and Flick are all unemployed. Joseph had good rapport with Flick back in Ottawa. Why not give one of those guys a call?

PR is nice and I know Pinball is a big part of the Argos but you can't be paying guys huge money to do "PR" in the CFL. Pay some scouts, pay for try-out camps, take agents out to lunch...Work !

Flick and Dominguez are likely still not playing due to the effects of injury. Neither of those will likely help. As someone suggested, they're probably gonna have to (gasp) go out and find a player or two.

Although Donte Stallworth is out of jail.....being an ex-NFL'er with a checkered past, he's got to be a top-o-the-list target.

To anyone who's followed the CFL the last five years. It is obvious that the "stooges" in TO are being outworked.

Back in Ottawa? LOL. Did you get cut off cable in 2005? You need to call your cable company my friend.