Ripped off again!!!!

Okay, Hamilton gives up Kerry Joseph to Regina for Corey Holmes prior to the start of the 2006 season, prior to this season we trade D.J. Flick and Wayne Smith for Rockey Butler who is now the Argo's QB?? We get nothing, Corey Holmes is now in Regina we get Jason Armstead that's it folks!!!

Ti-Cats keep making these moronic deals with Sask and Edmonton like the dealing for Jason Maas they get everything we get ripped??

I sure hope Armstead pays off for the Cats like Jason Maas has right people, oh yah??? Because right now it looks like the fans have been ripped off again.

Would you rather have Holmes on this team or Armstead? I rather have Armstead because he is a proven WR and thats what we need. For get the previous trades.

Diffrent GM!

Marcel made this deal & he didn't make the first one, I believe Mr.Katz did & where is he now? point proven. Marcel is making this his team. I like this deal. I'd rather have Armstead then a useless corey holmes & I say Useless because he was of no use in this offence.

To Tristan and Whoknows, I'm sure glad as fans that you are happy with the present moves and the state of your team at 1-6 because it's sinking fast and has been for many years!!!

I agree w/ Tristan - Holmes (while a great player) was not getting used in Hamilton and Armstead is a A+ receiver - that will get a lot of play in the Hammer.

GREAT TRADE MARCEL!!!! KEEP'EM COMING!!

I BEG to DIFFER there garth_male ... the Ship that Marcel and Charlie et Co. INHERITED had SUNK ... these guys are doing their BEST to RAISE it ... and DESPITE your QUESTIONABLE assessment ... I think they are DOING a WHALE of a Job !!

IMPROVEMENTS have been made ACROSS the BOARD and CONTINUE to be made with this most recent acquisition.

For ALL you pessimistic, nay sayers ... I'll BET dollars to donuts this team WINS more games this season than LAST ... any takers ?

Peace.

Hey Meanman it's HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF over and over again in Hamilton, we always give away way too much for not much in return, the list of good players this team has given up is increadible to what we have recieved in return. Recently, with Kerry Joseph, Rocky Butler, D.J. Flick, Corey Holmes, Wayne Smith, etc. etc. you can start a pretty nice team with that great and probably one that would beat the living crap out of our present Ti-Cats Mr. Meanman!!!!!!

Okay, Hamilton gives up Kerry Joseph to Regina for Corey Holmes prior to the start of the 2006 season, prior to this season we trade D.J. Flick and Wayne Smith for Rockey Butler who is now the Argo's QB?? We get nothing, Corey Holmes is now in Regina we get Jason Armstead that's it folks!!!

Ti-Cats keep making these moronic deals with Sask and Edmonton like the dealing for Jason Maas they get everything we get ripped??

The trade for the rights to Kerry Joseph would now look like this if your convoluted thinking worked out: Joseph for Armstead and Bekasiak (pick that came with Holmes and Gordon). Not as bad as you make it out to be.

Who went to Edmonton in any of the deals that could be helping us this year? Commiskey and Tim Bakker? Maybe but not enough. Troy Davis is out of the league, Danny is retired and never played for Edmonton and the draft picks traded became Braidwood and Gagne-Marcoux, close call.

Don’t let facts get in your way :slight_smile:

Mr. Meanman!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This deal will help Maas. Obviously, the game plans never included Holmes to any significant degree so maybe Armstead will be a more useful tool in Maas's arsenal. He's proven he can play if given the chance.

An Argo-Cat fan

Meanstreak,

I’ll that bet. I’ve got my 100 donuts right here.

like someone said earlier... a different GM
made this deal compared to the joseph, holmes deal when ottawa folded.

hopefully this deal works for us down the road.
good luck cats

biggest regret...coulda had kerry joseph and i woulda been at IWS every game to watch the CFL's most exciting QB.

Proven ? Holmes was proven in Sask just as Armsted is…now Armstead is in Hamilton just like Holmes was…I just hope the production doesn’t end in Sask or else we just bought a lemon and Sask just got their jem back…go figure how things come and go full circle.

Don't forget that when Katz made the deal for Holmes we basically didn't have a running back because Lumsden was still pursuing his NFL career...

Don't forget that when Katz made the deal for Holmes we basically didn't have a running back because Jesse was pursuing his NFL career...

The jury is out on this one. Let's give it a few games and see which team got the best deal. On paper both teams improved their games more or less equally in my opinion. Sakatchewan has had a way of getting the most out of their players to date and the Ticats have had a way of, shall we say, not exactly getting the most out of their players. So in the end it could turn out to appear to be a lopsided trade. But only time will tell.

As suggested in a previous post Corey Holmes was offering nothing to the Hamilton offensive plan. Great move as Holmes is 4 years older than Armstead and several steps slower.

I hate to say this but I met Corey at Training Camp and I just got the feeling he did not want to be here.
I had the same feeling about Jason Maas as well. This just may be another case where the player(s) think they are more important than the team. Something like walking through the locker room door sideways because their heads don't fit.

i seem to recall saying holmes doesnt want to be in hamilton since the first game LAST season, and was told to shut up numourus times....even after i posted pic after pic of holmes using a mouthpiece with the rider logo on it, despite being on the ticats.

FYI:

Corey Holmes will be 31 on Nov. 19

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=190]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=rost ... ros_id=190[/url]

Armstead turned 28 on August 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Armstead

You’re welcome.

Oski Wee Wee,