RIP Jake...

I'm sure many of you have read the articles on Jake Rayner and his battle with cancer. I have just read on the ticats fan page as well as on twitter from the ticats Doctor that Jake has passed away this morning....This is a sad day for ticats nation. He seemed to be a true die hard fan, and i think his story touched us all. I believe he was the inspiration behind the win over the Als, and with his passing a day after our loss yesterday, it's almost as if he was fighting and holding on in hope of seeing our cats in the Grey Cup. May God bless him and his family during this difficult time. Also great thanks to Stala Glenn and the whole organization for being able to lighten up his days during the darkest of hours. This sure puts life into perspective....many of us here are all up in arms over a playoff loss, but in the big scheme of things, it's little in compared to a young man losing his life way to soon. RIP.

Thank you, ticatsection30diehard. Well said.

Rest in peace, son.

Was made aware of Jake’s battle during the semifinal game.
Condolences to the family and all those who surrounded him during the difficult time.

condolences to his friends and family, such a young man taken by such a horrible thing.Hamilton has lost one of its finest fans.

RIP buddy
I hope the pains gone.

condolences to his friends and family this is awful news :cry:

Very sad news.

RIP. My condolences to the family. A courageous young man.

It is regrettable that TiCats did not win the Cup for him this year, although the player support and compassion for him was touching indeed.

condolences to the family and friends of this brave kid.

Thank you for posting, very sad news.
Well written, I feel the same as you.

RIP Jake. You are a inspiration.

This life is indeed a vapour and for those who knew this young man particularly within the Ticat organization he obviously touched their lives in a very profound way. As others have mentioned this news does indeed remind us all that the sport and the team we are fans of is still for the organization a job and for us fans just entertainment. However it is also true that for this family the Ticats were a welcomed departure from the hideous disease of cancer and while that does indeed have great value in and of itself it still does not elleviate the pain this family no doubt is feeling at this moment and the sense of loss they will feel going forward. There is no comparing that to the loss of a football game nor should there be.

My sincere condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends of Jake,

Rev.

What terrible news! I am so sorry for Jake and his family. I had hoped and prayed for a miracle.

My Deepest sympathies go to his friends and family.

I was so saden to hear this news this morning, :cry: Jake was a HUGE inspirtation to alot of people. Jake will be always remembered as he is a true hero! RIP Jake

That is terrible news. I was so hoping they'd pull out a win for him. I don't think there is a single Ticat fan who doesn't have a heavy heart at this news.

My condolences go out to his loved ones and to KG and Stala and all the others whose lives Jake touched. Life can be so horribly unfair a lot of the time.

This is terrible news that someone was taken so young and with his future potential unrealized. My heart goes out to his family at this saddest of times. I'm glad that the team I am a fan of was able to lighten his suffering for just a short time.

RIP Jake. You will be missed.

Since I first heard of this story, I had been fearing the cruelest outcome: that the Cats might win the Cup this year but that Jake might pass away only a few days prior. It’s good that the Cats were at least able to provide a glimmer of joy with their upset of Montreal.

My heart goes out to Jake’s family as it does to any family touched by such a tragic illness.

The biggest fear of any parent is that you would outlive your child. My tears, thoughts and prayers go out to Jacob's family.

It is a sad, sad day in the Orchard Park community, we have lost a fellow Patriot. I will never forget Jake, he is truly a warrior and the bravest kid I know. It was a privilege to be one of Jake's friends and i will cherish the moments I had with him forever. He is in a better place now <3

Gone but never forgotten RIP Jake <3

Rest in peace Jake, I'm sure you'll give us an Oski Wee Wee next season from up there.