RIP Al Bruno

Former Hamilton Tiger-Cats head coach Al Bruno dies at the age of 87

By: The Canadian Press

HAMILTON - Al Bruno, the former Hamilton Tiger-Cats head coach who led the club to a Grey Cup title in 1986, has died at the age of 87.

The Ticats made the announcement Monday on their Twitter account, stating Bruno passed away Sunday night.

The cause of death was not immediately known.

Bruno, a native of West Chester, Pa., served as Hamilton’s player-personnel director from 1982-83 before being promoted to head coach, a position he held until being fired during the 1990 season.

Bruno led the Ticats to four Grey Cup appearances, winning in 1986 when a 9-8-1 Hamilton squad upset the 13-4-1 Edmonton Eskimos 39-15 in Vancouver, securing Bruno the CFL’s coach-of-the-year honour.

Bruno also won a Grey Cup as a player in 1952 with the Toronto Argonauts.

RIP… condolences to his family and the Ti-Cat family

:thup:

R.I.P. Al Bruno. Met him at the CFL All-Star game in 1983 in Vancouver. Friendly guy to those of us who were not all-stars or celebrities.
Won the Grey Cup as a player and as a Head Coach.
Thoughts are with his family!

great respect for Mr Bruno. Always believed his time with the ticats was up way too soon.

R.I.P Al Bruno :frowning:

R.I.P. Al. I have fond memories of his days as coach.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69541829/AlBruno.jpg

Never forget the look on his face when Ridgway's kick went through the uprights. Felt sorry for him because he had a good team and they played a fantastic game. At least he did win one. Hope the Argos make mention of it Friday night.

RIP to one of the greatest coaches in Ticat history. A shame he didn't win more Grey Cups. (although his teams appeared multiple times). He seemed the perfect coach for a Hamilton based team

During the great rivalry days of the 80's, I used to love yelling at Bruno. But it was all in fun (for the most part :smiley: ). By all accounts a good guy. May he rest in peace.