Riders vs Toronto

Nice try. Go up a couple of posts and you’ll see I posted the following, “Argos will lose because of their poor play not the incompetent officiating”.

You might want to be a little more sure of your facts before you plant your foot so firmly in your mouth. The officiating in the first quarter of this game was abysmal. Video review was its normal inconsistent and incompetent performance. Still waiting to hear what exactly they were reviewing on Saskatchewan’s kickoff and why the league requested it on a non scoring play.

I knew I was going to regret changing my pick.

Very surprised the Riders have run away with this. They have gotten stronger and stronger as the year has progressed.

Good call by SM to put Harris in. Better get him up to speed if Ray sits longer than expected.

They needed this more than any other recent win. Their other 2 road wins were week 1 in Hamilton and the Banjo Bowl against the PeeWee team. They need to start winning on the road if they want to get to Toronto at the end of November.

Why Willy isn't in now is a mystery to me.

Trestman does this too with Calvillo. Game is well in hand and your backup is getting no reps.

Anyone know why that is? It seems to me we used to see the backups all the time in the 80's-90's but not near as much (if at all) now.

Just waitin' and prayin' for no Durant injury........

I will say this, the Riders are very true Grey Cup contenders and I would not have said this a few weeks back. They are looking darn good right now.

You can say the same about Calgary and BC. All 3 teams have been playing well recently and all have had off games. The western playoffs should be 2 great games. The east on the other hand…

The East, yes, is not looking exactly like a Beast, I will say that. But wasn't David Braley supposed to make sure that wasn't the case, this year! :o :wink:

Either way though, even saying with a Cats team that will probably miss the playoffs, isn't the CFL one great f.....k of a league? :thup: :thup: :thup:

You say you aren’t using the poor officating as an excuse, but it sure looks that way to me… :roll: :roll:

I was impressed with the amount of intensity the Riders played with tonight. Toronto was beaten in all phases of the game. Chamblin has this team playing well right now. The west has become quite the race at this point. Sad really when the third place team in the west has as many wins as the first place team in the east.

Jackson is Michael Bishop X 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I’m not. The officiating ruined the entertainment value. The Argos were blowing the game well enough on their own when I turned it off at the end of the first. Aside from the usual inept offense dumb penalties killed them again. The Riders first touchdown should have been a field goal. When they showed the replay you not only saw clearly that an Argo (I think it was Foley) was lined up offside but they show him in his stance onside then he changed position and put his hand a foot into the neutral area. Now that’s a stupid penalty on a play when they stopped the Riders on 2nd and goal, but this gave them new life and a touchdown. Typical of the Argos this year. Personally I think their record flatters them.

Just gome back from the dome.
It was worse live then what I would assume was on TV.
The defensive line again was terrible, could not pressure Durant as he had all kinds of times to set up and throw downfiled.
The defensive backfield was slightly better, but gave up too many big plays as well.
The offensive line could not hold the rush as in fairness as bad as Jackson was he could not set up and was rushed continuously.
The Riders handed it to us in every aspect of the game.

I was sitting on the Riders Side, It was like a home game for the Riders, There must have been 15,000 Riders fans there. The attendance was 25,176 !

That’s exactly how it came across on TV. More Green than anything else and the cheers were clearly more audible from the Rider fans. Embarassing really that a city the size of Toronto would be a visiting team in their own stadium.

Toronto has a stadium? You’ve obviously never been to the Skydump.

I think dcmoses got scared by a zebra when they took him to the zoo when he was just a little tyke.

As I've said before, good coaches will adjust their scheme to fit the personnel instead of trying to adjust the personnel to fit their scheme.

Milanovich wants his offence to be built around dinkified little 3yd and 4yd dump passes. Jarious Jackson has never had good accuracy on touch passes. Jackson's strength is getting out of the pocket and either taking off running or going downfield with something beyond a 10yd pass.

Naturally, Milanovich decides to stick with his wonderful scheme and we see the results today. Jackson was all over the place with his throws. The OLine continues to be a season long joke, so naturally Milanovich decides to keep Jackson anchored in the pocket.

That Sea of Green in The House of the Blues really inspired the Riders.You could read it on their faces when they took to the field for the opening kickoff.
They were well-prepared by their cocahes and the Argos had not the imagination to fool them offensively.Any place Argos sent the ball Riders had three defenders,it seemed.Well done!Just like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Just another day at the office - - Toronto took 16 penalties for 156yds.

Anybody still think penalties aren't an issue for the Argos? The most undisciplined team in the league and coaches do nothing about it. The penalty issues aren't even discussed in the post game anymore - - as if it's just accepted that Toronto will give up a field and a half of free yardage each week.

I can't understand why the team allows Marcus Ball to take stupid 15yd penalties week after week. I realize Ball's a favourite of Ego Jones, but at some point you can't keep allowing a guy continue taking such dumb penalties.

Ahmad Carroll takes a couple of PI calls and he gets benched for a month. Err, I mean... "rested"...or healing his "wonky injury"...or sitting out so they can "get a look" at a rookie DB. Just depends on which story you want to believe from Argo management. Why do players like Ball get free reign to do as they please?