Riders vs Eskies

That has to be the weakest PI call I have ever seen called lol

Yes Aulcee you may proceed. :smiley:

Greetings everyone from my new home in Easton PA. Go figure on my first night after arriving, the cable guy set me up well earlier in the day and I have ESPN and 100s of channels as a bonus and get to catch the game on a big screen!

All I am missing tonight is beer though! It’s still so hot here in the US, for it is reaching 33C or greater consistently even in late August.

I suppose I envy the weather that many of you all have right now.

Anyway carry on but damnit bad decision Reilly and credit the Riders for some good coverage in the end zone there.

It was illegal contact and it was a softy. Bowman engaged him as much with his hands as the defender. They should remove the illegal contact as a challengeable penalty.

Karma ..... nice pick

It appears that my reputation precedes me. :slight_smile: I made that move back in July.

That fine move is the football equivalent of a punt or drop kick high into the stands. Carry on indeed good sir.

Been that kind of season. Fumble eludes 5 Riders and finds the lone Eskimo instead.

#30 for Regina has no clue how to block. Durant is taking a beating.

Remove no, but revise yes no doubt.

I have no issue with the 5-yard buffer zone as should be retained; however, the rule ought be revised.

If the defender is merely standing in position or reaching forward and not pushing,
when some receiver just runs right into him,
or otherwise comes within one yard of the defender other than with his back to the defender when the ball is in the air (pass interference),
as opposed to a defender reaching outward or lunging to the side or making contact above the shoulders of the receiver (illegal contact if beyond 5 yards),
then there should be no penalty.

The previous rules allowed for such reasonable contact by the defender so long as the ball was not in the air. Why should not a defender have a right to defend the ground on which he stands when some receiver just runs into him?

That's reasonable Paolo. Right now a receiver can run directly into a defender and get the call almost every time. Coaches are also using the illegal contact challenge as a hail mary when things go badly. If the contact is minimal and has no bearing on the play, they should let it go.

What an asinine roughing the passer penalty for Cox to take. Before Rider Fan starts to whine about biased officiating, it was a legit call - - you can't jam your hands into the QBs facemask.
Wrong on all accounts.... the rider clearly slapped the face mask.....

Steve McAdoo is a good OLine coach - - but as an OC he's in way over his head. That seems to be a common theme amongst the braintrust in Regina.

Well a positive drive to end the half. It's not quite blowout territory yet. Sadly it'll keep me watching until it is :lol:

Crapigna has been solid for the Riders this year.

Kendial Lawrence is a terrible returner. I guess that says something to the quality of the other potential returners that he's been back there most of the year.

Why is Kendial Lawrence still collecting a paycheque from the Riders?

When you can't get a kick off return beyond the 15yd line in the CFL, there's something wrong.

Demski could be good, just don’t want to risk one of your young Canadian receivers.

:thup:

Demski is just as bad as Lawrence on returns - - maybe even worse. All he wants to do is dance and then run laterally.

Damn 15 to midnight and the second half is only starting. :? I might be the only East Coast guy other than who is still up for this one. :roll:

Question for you all up there EXCEPT in the Greater Toronto Area:
On any night on which there is a double header scheduled starting about 10 August, is starting the first game at 6PM too early?

Otherwise as it generally seems to work out anyway with the scheduling for the Argos, I am of the opinion that there should be no home games for the Argos that are the first game of a double header.

Demski gets happy feet when returning punts, I’m not sure I’ve seen him return any kickoffs.

Nice TFL for Greg Jones - - once of the few Rider defensive players with any real talent.