Riders vs Argos - Good, Bad, Ugly

As the Riders pile up some wins, you can see their confidence build as well. Should make for a great finish to the season.

Good
Offensive line and the entire defence. A patchwork of players has turned out a defence full of scheme packages and they executed very well today. You saw how confused the Lions looked for three quarters and the Argos looked the same. They just didn't find a solution. Kudos to the defence. That was a statement game.
Also, a shout out to the special teams - Sandro stepped up with some excellent punts after Milo went out and almost went 6 for 6 on FG's.

Bad
I can't be critical here but if I have to find something to complain about, I would wonder about the decision to keep Dressler returning punts. I know you need someone with good hands and field vision but that's a great position to get an injury and we can't afford to have Dressler on the shelf.

Ugly
Penalties.

ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WERE UP BY 26, AND DRESSLER WAS STIIILL ON PUNT RETURN.

GREAT GAME THOUGH... WAS HOPING WE WOULD TAKE IT TO THEM, WITHOUT RAY IN THERE, AND WE DID :smiley:

STILL TOO SOON FOR THAT DOCUMENTARY THOUGH... NOW I AM GONNA BE PISSED OFF FOR A WEEK :frowning:

The Good

• a really solid effort and execution in all facets today. Durant looked more composed than he’s been in a long time, aided by great protection from the O line. Glad to see some successful runs for first downs when second and mid-to-long.

The Bad

• WHY are the coaches still bringing in the short yardage team when it’s been such an abysmal failure (i.e. Willy’s attempt to run around the end from the one yard line). They’re just making it easy for defences to read the play and fire away. Luckily, it didn’t cost the Riders this time, but I’m afraid it might be this year’s equivalent of the 13th man when it really counts in a play-off game.

Good point time

DD... 2 games ... 0 rushes. I hope he is not still hurting.

Why didn't they just use West for returns? Kick offs he did great. Dressler is too small for returns. One day a team will see our star reciever and take him out?!

The Bad

• WHY are the coaches still bringing in the short yardage team when it’s been such an abysmal failure (i.e. Willy’s attempt to run around the end from the one yard line). They’re just making it easy for defences to read the play and fire away. Luckily, it didn’t cost the Riders this time, but I’m afraid it might be this year’s equivalent of the 13th man when it really counts in a play-off game.
    [/quote]
    The riders are to predictable on short yardage situations, why don’t they change things up a bit and see what Neil Hughs can do and on 2nd and short get Willy to pass mix it up a bit.

I agree, why is Weston on kick returns, use West, Weston is to good to lose on something like this. Also I also agree, why we still throwing to the side, we get little yardage from it, also West SHOULD OF BEEN USED MORE INSTEAD OF SHEETS ALL THE TIME, DON'T GET ME WRONG, SHEETS IS GREAT, BUT WHEN WE USED Sheets and JS, we had there def, guessing all the time. Beside these things we played a great game, good time to peek!

Sandro - nice outing with 5 of 6. I think 2-3 were plus 40 yards so it is groovy to have him hitting from anywhere. Then we comes out and punts…and he landed everything in a box right beside the sidelines (perfect). If he keeps kicking like this Milo won;t be back on the roster.

Good - I think we’re injury free, except for Milo. That is very very big for us because we turn around and play with 5 days prep. The Esks have 8 days to prep.

Good - Sholy, Williams and Hawkins were rested and the D line still caused trouble. Hopefully these guys are ready to go for Edmonton. Some tough roster choices but that’s the way it goes.

Tyron - #41 is playing crazy.

Short yardage - enough said. But i don;t understand?

Hughes - nice gallop for 30 plus yards.

Toronto - seemed all they could do was trhow deep and hope for interference calls.

Receivers - No drops

Getzlaf - Only one offisde. That should do it for the year. I think he’s clear now. I can’t see how he can take anymore? It didn;t hurt on Monday but those mental errors gotta go.

Here’s to shutting down Messam. Then having Charles wrapped up. Then they can go and beat up Kerry Joseph!