Riders vs Als

Dumb penalty then missed 46 yard FG. those are basics that need to be done. No excuse. gota make that

another missed very makeable FG. Deangelous becoming inconsistant. Chamblain will need to start looking south for an import FG Kicker if this continues. Those FG are not even close and short. It would be different if he had the leg and the ball just missed but those did not even look like a good coming off his foot

Another turnover and another chance. the riders have kept to the game plan control the ball and keep Calvillio off the field

Again nice job by the riders not panicking after the missed FGs and finally get a big play. the poise of Willy and the running ability of sheets. could have been for the lead. Sandro D.

Wow, more penalties, dumb, dumb dumb......

Willy starting to show his inexperience here

Wow bad play the riders got off their game plan and tried to sneak one past the Als.Dinint work. Should have kept with the ball control there was plenty of time left

Cheeseburger! :lol:

That INT is on Hargraves. He needs to stop and sit in the middle of that zone.

Why is hargraves evenin the game

OMG. Tha was too good a spot and still just barely made it. he looked like he was stopped further back

Mostly because 2 injuries to NI receivers. He basically is just in to spell off McHenry, who IMO is playing very well is a new role.

Riders came in with a nice game plan. controled the ball kept the Als O off the field. defense played awesome. New 2nd and long D package with Hurl and Ferri and LB really was successful.
Penalties and Missed, very makeable, FGs badly cost them the game

Riders D played very well; Drew Willy gains added growth and has a good future ahead of him. 28-17 Montreal final

Costly penalties and missed field goals are what cost the Riders this game. You cannot be penalized nearly 2 lengths of the football field with a young, inexperianced quarterback and expect to get the win. Congrats to Montreal on the win. Something tells me it will be a different story at Mosiac in a few weeks.

time will tell. But in all fairness, if Green and Richardson actually catch a ball in the 3rd quarter, the outcome may not have been as close as it was. Not to mention the costly Whitaker fumble. Als O did themselves no favours in the 2nd half.

I would credit those drops to the lack of rythm todays game had. The refs needed to let both teams play a little bit more out there. Let some of the closer calls go. From a fan’s point of view, I don’t like to see THAT many penalties in a football game.

I’m just happy the Als cut their penalties down from the 20 they took last weekend against the Lions. :wink:

Well I'm glad the Riders hung around and made a game of it, however the game itself wasn't pretty at all. No flow or rhythm with all the penalties out there. Thankfully a lot of those penalties are correctable and can be fixed going forward, looked like the Bombers out there with all the lack of discipline :wink:

As to the Als, the dropped passes in the 4th by Richardson and Green were certainly harmful, however they came only after the drive was extended by a silly roughing the passer by Hawkins, they should have been 2 and out. I'm not sure where the Montreal Offense went after that explosive 1st quarter, they just disappeared.

What I really like best about Chamblain is that he is no non sense. reason why they have least penalties in the league. Players are held accountable and if they can not do the job he will find someone who will.
He knows that there are a lot of good football players out there without jobs.
Chamblain himself was one of those players who was on the bubble in his playing days and went through the bouncing around in the NFL and coming to the CFL.
He does not care what league you played in, wether your a rookie or a Veteran, a highly touted CFL draft pick or NFL draft pick. If you can play football and you do your job is what he looks at.
Players are held accountable. I do not know what Heenans status is but Best may find himself a seat on the bench next week.
DeAngelis for sure will be looking over his shoulder. The top teams in the league all have reliable place kickers that are consistant.
With the shortage of NI receivers and Hargraves really not doing much we may get a shot to see Ismael Bamba. He has been on the practice roster all season and could be ready to challenge Hargraves for that reserve job behind McHenry who has stepped in made a position switch back to WR and has been solid as the #5 receiver.
Both Bagg and Sisco were also on the practice field last week Bagg was running steps. I am not sure what that means but if Bagg could somehow come back we will see the receiving corp back up to snuff.
Carr has yet to play he will need to battle foster for that spot. Carr is a big receiver that they can use would love to see him play great. It looked like Harper would get that spot but he did not earn it.