Riders v Lions smack talk thread

My favourite time of year, playoffs, let the smack talk begin.

…when did it stop???

Usually by now, we are already tired of all the Lion fans telling us how invincible their Lions are. I wonder how much of that we will hear this year? A number of them have already been MIA.
Anyway, rather than talk smack, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get foam rubber beer can replicas…

Uh-oh Wally, uh-oh!

You're going to a Baaaaaad place next Saturday. Better pull out that old suspension helmet and buck up. Come Saturday those east side gorillas are gonna make the last game feel like a state dinner by comparison.

I think it would be hilarious if the Lions coaching staff walked out on the field wearing hard hats. :slight_smile:

I imagine that uncle Wally will have something to say about the fans before the game starts.Maybe the riders could erect a net to stop things from being thrown from the east side stands that and hard hats should keep the bc coaching staff safe.LOL

I don't think the Lions have anything to worry about... Now me wearing my Lions jersey to the game, I'll have something to worry about, but that won't stop me from doing it!

This has to be, one of the best rivalries in the CFL. And this is a game that means everything to everybody.

As much as I respect Wally as a coach, I don’t like him. I don’t like his team. I don’t like their attitude. I also don’t think they’re going to find a way to win. They’re not playing well right now. They don’t look sharp. They’ve burned themselves out.

At this point, we could beat them with our third string QB.

I have to agree on the Rivalry...Yeah I dont like Whally or the Lions either...but don't think for a minute this game is going to be easy....lets hope for miserable weather to soften up those Domed Den Lions.

GO RIDERS!!!

If only we knew which one was 3rd string so we could start him…or maybe we already are…

The Lions will return the favour from last year and get their revenge. They finished 7-2 in their last 9 so i hardly consider them not playing well. If they can cut down on the turnovers.....and let Bishop make his poor decisions......it'll be a Lions victory.

It will be an interesting game. Neither team really played their best football this week, and they have one week to turn things around. The winner will be the team that plays mistake free football. I don’t believe that home field advantage will be a factor, BC won here the last time with a rowdy crowd( minus the idiots that started the mess the last time the Lions played here).

They were replaced with Riders fans talking about how they can win with anyone playing QB and about how many injuries they have.

I may just leave next weekend… Or if there’s a God, maybe the forum will crash.

BC lions are a team full of bad karma.
with cheap shot players, with a head coach in a constant miserable scowl, who lives in lies covering up for his dirty cheap shot players,
all that negative ego is capped off by one mediocre individual who fancies himself as Superman.......News flash, you ain't no superhero, just a wannabe diva...................Come to our house Nov.8th for that long overdue attitude adjustment...and some Mojo risin...

Don't forget a certain player personnel manager with this mantra:

"Hey baby, lets go to Vegas!" :lol: :lol:

All I know is it will be nice to have the game with no crowd noise piped in, and suspect clock operation.

Sure there are lots of lions fans who talk about how invincible their team is, but there are just as many rider fans that do the same. Its all good fun.

1. Lions finished the back half of the season much better than they started and one game is just that, one game.
  2. Riders played better the 1st half of the season than they finished. Who may have burned out?
  3. One playoff game and anything can happen, this is football. A team could come in on a terrible losing streak and beat a team on a great winning streak, this is football. Its not always the best team that wins, its usually the team that wants it more or plays better that day, this is also football. Any team in the playoffs is capable of winning on any day…which teams will show up? Stay tuned!
  4. Doent the riders only have 3rd stringers? lol.Besides Burris, Ray and Calvillo, this year most teams have had QB inconsistencies.

So the best receiver over the past 5-6 years or so is mediocre? What does that say about the rest of the leagues receivers? lol. And the pose is for his kid. Im sure he is more concerned about pleasing his kid than not upsetting a sensitive forum troll, by why let the facts get in the way of a good hate on eh? lol

Will also be nice to have a game where there isnt a chance for people to fabricate things to complain about or to make excuses about. Its a dome and can squeeze almost 60k in there, how is that not going to be much louder than an open stadium with 1/2 those numbers? proof or its speculation.