Riders Uniforms

I’ve never heard a reason for it, although I am of the opinion that the black pants suck. I think the silver pants give them one of the nicest uniforms in the league.

silver pants should be worn at home 100% of the time.

the black doesnt go with the jersey at all.

You guys (I'm a TiCat fan) gotta' get a new helmet! That streaky silvery "S" thing looks like a hand-me-down from some defunct USFL team!

I remember when the Riders went to that look in 1987 or 1988... it looked bad then, and now it's even more outdated!

Green helmets, grey faceguards, updated retro logos on the sides , and a regular stripe down the middle!

And just stick with green and white... lose the silver and black altogether!

what do u know about football-fashion?...your a ticat fan...'nuff said.

Well D-G, I know more than to put a cheesy looking touch-up of Ohio State on the web and call it an idea for a new 'Renegade uniform!

Nice job (sarcasm intended)!

I’ve noticed that too. It seems that for the first 9 games we wear white pants and for the last 9 we wear the black ones. I don’t know why, I for one dislike the black pants.

We should get green pants green jersey with green pants would be kewl LOL or could use it with the black shirts and green pants LOL

Good Gravy! Please tell me that’s true!

I dig the black jerseys too, by the way. I just got one recently. Though I’d much rather have the retro jersey as an alternate.

Maybe they should play naked like the ancient Greek Olympians did (at least till October when they could don mukluks and parkas... would be cheaper in the long run and would be very popular with some of the fans...

Coming from a ticat fan.
I am not agreeing with you at all.
The Riders logo is classic and very suitable.

Our only other option is that one with the horseshoe and the spur or stars or something. Anybody know what i am talking about?
It sometimes shows up on the shoulder of our jerseys, i think.

New logo? Why?
Damn kids and there music, thats why!
No appreciation for tradtion.
Muchmusic and MTV made a whole generation of short attention spanned ADD inflicted kids.

No need to change logo

Is this what your referring to? If so it’s ugly. Your right, keep the logo nothing wrong with it. The only thing better would be the 1960’s logo.

http://images.lids.com/product/6/20024404/1_107.jpg

i agree. Tradition is tradition, you cant beat it. it would look just plain wrong if we seen our roughriders wearing a different kind of logo on their helmets.

Just like Taylor Field will always be Taylor Field in my mind. Not some corporate mumble jumble.

Put me down for a return to the retro jerseys. Home = Green jerseys / white pants Away = white jerseys/white pants. I think the logo is getting a little tired too. I'd like to see us go back to an updated version of the old 'safeway' S logo for the helmet and something new for the shoulder patch...maybe the spur logo someone showed earlier today, or even better would be something new; like a guy riding a bucking bull or something that links to the farm/ranching side of Sask.

WHO CARES !!!!!

a Uniform is a uniform and the Riders Uniform is ok in my book just like my Ducks New Jeresy Uniforms it smells of great Uniquness.

Amen brother.
I’m a Bomber fan with a major soft spot for the 'Riders. Since the introduction of black to the uniform the 'Riders have looked atrocious. Not quite as bad as the new-look Metro-sexual Gold Bombers (MGBs) of course, but atrocious none the less. I still have not decided which is worse, black instead of green or chickenfat yellow for gold. :thdn:

It would be a treat for the "Riders to go back to the old green/white unis, but keep the silver design on the helmet - very nice touch. :thup:

Hi Guy

Question - would you care if they went really far back and resurrected the purple and yellow colour scheme?

Team colours are important to fans. pride in the team means pride in the colours. If you’re a 'Rider fan go Green or go naked.

Truer words have never been spoken brother.