Riders suspend QB Jake Dolegala one game

REGINA — Yesterday, Jake Dolegala informed us that he was arrested in Regina over the bye week and charged with impaired driving.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/09/26/riders-suspend-qb-jake-dolegala-one-game/

Just saw this and was about to post it.

Idiotic, selfish move by him.

1 Like

Yup, a $20 cab ride will cost $10k maybe more.

3 Likes

I don’t have a lot of patience for people who do stuff like this

And the Riders really needed more bad PR right now. This does go to something else I posted some time ago… do all teams post every such incident publicly? Or do some teams cover their warts a bit more? Im just curious how this policy might be different from team to team.

2 Likes

…not to mention license suspension/fines, much higher insurance premiums and loss of leverage come contract negotiation time.
But the most important facet in all of this is that thankfully nobody died due to his reckless and selfish decision.

Why do people continue placing others at grievous harm or risk with little to no regard for public safety whatsoever?

Boggles my mind that this still happens on a daily basis despite the well known dangers.

2 Likes

When Coach O’Shea catches a player drinking he forces them to down a $500 bottle of finely aged Scotch. When he catches a player smoking he forces them to smoke an entire package of Cubans. While our team might be riddled with drinkers and smokers, our players are VERY happy with the way our coach handles things.

I don’t have any patience.

1 Like

Innocent until proven guilty has no meaning in Canada

What does he do if he catches them engaged in sexual congress the night before a game?

1 Like

He calls his shepherd friend.

1 Like

I’m not sure but I’ll bet it involves two consenting adults and a hamster. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ma gonna try to corner the market on rubber boots.

1 Like

Wild or domesticated?

1 Like

The adults or the hamster?

1 Like

Keeping everything in perspective, not asking for a show of hands but texting and cannabis are just as dangerous. As for me I don't have a cellphone and never taken any illegal drug including the recently legalized drugs. However when much younger I have driven while intoxicated, got nailed, cost me a lot. Including a demotion at work which that alone cost me over 10k, All in all I could guess an overall cost of around 15k and that was forty plus years ago.

1 Like

According to the expert I consulted the best hampsters for the job are domesticated ones. They like to cuddle afterwards.

Agree, alcohol is not the only thing that causes imparement.

Having worked around the direct consequences of this sort of thing as a first responder, I’m going to bow out of this conversation as it stirs up a lot of reactive passion for me.

(Just to be clear, I’m referring to impaired driving, not the hamster thing… you bunch o pervs!)

2 Likes

Some wild, some domesticated…all lubricated

1 Like

But I’m sure it would be best if at least one of the adults was wild.

1 Like

I’ll hazard a guess that 99% of people over 50 who drink have driven when impaired.

2 Likes