Riders/Stamps game

So I know this probably isn't that important, but as I sit here on the east side of mosaic waiting for the game, I'm looking around and something caught my eye. Now I don't drink so it's not a big deal for me, but beer is now back to Being served in the can! Congrats Regina on your second chance, now let's keep the dueschbaggery(?spelling?) to a minimum this year!!!

Its not a good move, IMO... they should still serve it in the cups, on both sides of the field.

What about the fact that our D sounds to me (radio) like their playing very very vanilla and our O sounds like they're playing good with Durant sounds lie he's kicking ass

Tad kornegay, gene makowski, and renauald Williams have so far been helped off the field once apiece. HEEEEENNNNRRRYYY !!!!!!! Our "vanilla" D picked off a the second play of the game and forced a Henry burris fumble leading to a TD

They started out like a vanilla D, but have seemed to turn things around

How can anyone tell on the radio what kind of D they were playing?

Vanilla D. For all we know they played with 9 db's and Gainer.

It's hard enough to recognize schemes on tv. On radio it's impossible.

guess there saying Geno injured his right MCL. No word on severity or what he did to it exactly but it looks like he's gone at least 3 or 4 weeks at the very least. Let's hope thTs the case!

SOME of us can recognize schemes on tv... sorry you can't. not teachable....

You know, you were actually tolerable for awhile, and then you go and ruin it.

Read what I said.

And yes, you can get some information on schemes from TV, but it's harder than live or from film because you rarely see what is happening away from the ball.

But someone listening to the game on radio, and telling me what defensive schemes we're running borders on lunacy. Or are you telling me you can do that too?

He's Kreskin....didn't you know that??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

[url=http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=en&q=amazing+kreskin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=GEtCSsSbLozQsgP95JnMDw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#]http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=e ... &ct=title#[/url]
[url=http://blog.canoe.ca/therouge/2009/06/24/armstrong_done_indefinitely]http://blog.canoe.ca/therouge/2009/06/2 ... definitely[/url]
The depleted Calgary Stampeders offensive line took another blow in the pre-season win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Left guard Derek Armstrong re-injured his tricep and is headed for surgery to repair the muscle. He is done indefinitely.
This isn't good news for a group already without left guard Jesse Newman (ankle) and right tackle Jeff Pilon (knee).
If either Newman or Pilon, who have both missed nearly all of training camp, can't go, then it will be a jumble to fill the spots. Fifth-year veteran Godfrey Ellis is taking over for Pilon at right tackle, but an option may be to move him to left guard and play both Ben Archibald and Antonio Hall at the tackle positions.
That would change the ratio because both are imports.
The other option would be to play a rookie such as Jon Gott or John Hashem, both of whom still need work before they can be trusted.

The Calgary O-Line is going to be a mess to start the season. Should be fun to watch Hank with happy feet. History doesn't bode well for him without a strong O-Line.

Wow not good news for the Stamps. That o-line was a real key to their success in 2008.

Media doublespeak...........they mention that Godfrey Ellis is a 5 year veteran. Two ways of looking at that......

That might make one think that plugging him into the line is a good move, since he's experienced and is not some raw rookie.

But the other side of the coin is that Ellis has been there for 5 years and still hasn't been able to establish himself as starting material......................

It might make me think about a scenario where a starting QB goes down, and the team says we're all right, our backup has five years CFL experience!.........and out trots Ted White.......................