Riders Signing Could be Huge

What I am still trying to figure out is, why does it matter whether Garrison Hearst was good, bad, or indifferent. Does that impact, even one iota whether Quentin Griffin will be good, bad, or indifferent?
I don’t think so.

Anyway, this was one signing.
I am unprepared to guarantee the Riders will repeat as Grey Cup Champions because of it.

I don’t ever remember a less spectacular signing getting so much ink…

4x1000 isnt impressive anymore.

My guess is that a lot more wannabe CFL players carry that thought with them to their first training camp than we would care to realize. Sadly, many actually base it on their history as a “college star” rather than a “NFL starter”.

That’s OK, though. Whenever I see that initial interview where a rookie talks about his master plan to make it back to the NFL - before he’s even suited up for a CFL regular season game - it makes it a lot easier not to care when he soon gets cut.

Anybody else find it interesting that this is a 2+option contract as opposed to Tillman's favorite 1+1 contract?

Every report I've heard is that this is also a 1+1.

Give me a break that isn’t impressive. You are downplaying a mans very hard work, in a professional league, where he is not only playing it, but playing it well enough to get 4, yard seasons 1000, and 10,000 yard career. You ask the players in any league and ask them if that is any good. I would bet you that 95% would be very satisfied. Ecstatic even.
I think you are too quick to judge whether someone “$ucks” or is awesome.

Hmm let me put it to you like this…

Which is more impressive:

A 1000 yard rushing season in 16 games (Garrison Hearst and pretty much anyone else who plays today)

or

A 1000 yard rushing season in 12-14 games (Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, and Sweetness)?

Exactly. It isnt rocket science.

And as long as you can stick around in the league, your stats will add up over time. I never said he $ucked. I said wasnt all that great.

1250-1500 is the new 1000. If you dont believe that, then you understand NFL football very well. And dont just tell me that its me who thinks that or that I am an idiot. If you ask 100 NFL reporters or writers, I bet that 95 of them will agree.

The headline on the Riders’ site says 2+1, same for an import LB named Brock Stratton.

I haven't been to that site in quite some time...this site, however, says the aforementioned 1+1...I'd be more inclined to trust the individual team site, personally...

2+1 Would mean the players have no representation

what?