Riders sign two, Jan 25, 02016

[url=http://www.riderville.com/2016/01/25/riders-add-two-on-offence/]http://www.riderville.com/2016/01/25/ri ... n-offence/[/url]
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today international quaterback BJ Coleman and international offensive lineman Quinterrius Eatmon have signed with the team. As per club policy, details of the contracts were not released.

Coleman (6’3 – 231) spent two seasons with the Green Bay Packers after being selected by the team in seventh round (243rd overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft. The Tennessee native spent his rookie campaign on the Packers practice roster after attending training camp and playing four preseason games. He returned to the team for 2013, seeing action in three preseason games.

Last season, Coleman played with the Arena Football League’s Arizona Rattlers where he was named AFL Player of the Week following a week seven performance.

Eatmon (6’6 – 310) joins the Riders after attending training camp with Oakland Raiders last season, playing two preseason games. The Prichard, Alabama native originally signed with the team as an undrafted free agent in May, 2015.

Before going pro, Eatmon spent four seasons at South Florida playing 47 career collegiate games.

I don’t see Coleman being a legit contender, but it will be nice to see him in camp. I know Jones wants a changup QB…DD and Smith are somewhat along the same path. Glenn was an ideal compliment to that last season (had all been healthy). One (2 really) who use their legs to extend plays, and one who relies on quicker reads and hot routes with a fast release. IMO Coleman does not fit this at all…he has not shown he gets through reads quickly at all, but he is comfortable in the pocket…he can get the deer in headlights effect at times as well…that said, a few years in the NFL may have progressed him well.

Eatmon is more evidence that the existing OTs are in for a fight.

Good signing of the big linemen but yeah Colemen sounds like a long shot at best especially if he has " Tino syndrome" you know stand like a statue and allow 5 steamboats pass and then shuffle 5 yards further back and get sacked. :wink:

Ha...I was actually going to make a Tino reference, but it is not nearly that bad. I recall seeing him play in the past and he looked respectable. The thing that intrigues me is that he was with the Packers for a few years, a couple under Tom Clements when he was QB coach...and he was a great QB coach. He then worked under Ben McAdoo, who is a pretty darned smart football mind....so he definitely perks my interest to see how he has progressed

I'm hoping to see Price resigned, but like all on free agency not holdin my breath,

They can do a lot better than Price. Limited action I know, but he did not impress me much at all. In fact half his throws in that Calgary game scared the !@#$% out of me. Just 1 pick but should have had 4.

I just know that there are better guys out there. There are only really 4 spots for QBs. Aim higher than Price to fill those spots. You have to.

Or turtle and sacked on a running play. :wink: