Riders sign Khalif Mitchell

Controversial signing after holocaust remarks, not to mention the 2 game suspension for his arm bar on Rottier

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/2016/08/31/riders-add-veteran-dl-khalif-mitchell-practice-roster/]http://www.cfl.ca/2016/08/31/riders-add ... ce-roster/[/url]

.....Riders really seem to be in desperation mode with this signing...Head case who hasn't played meaningful football in a year :roll: I hope he doesn't make the line-up against us or we'll have to show our O Line guys how to protect themselves from 'arm ripping' tactics...Good grief. :thdn:

Ouch! that looks awful, he could have broken his arm.

Don't like this signing. I remember his dirty hits in a rider game were even Lions fans here wanted no part of him

Sounds like a new man!

[url=https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/khalif-mitchell-and-his-anti-semitic-memes-ride-again-in-regina-181548303.html]https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-5 ... 48303.html[/url]

Wow, I thought Chamblin was sabotaging the team last year, but I can't even guess at what Jones is trying to do.

At what point will Rider Fan finally acknowledge that Chris Jones is completely incompetent as a GM?

It was laughable when he went to the scrap heap for no-talent scrubs like Caesar Rayford and Ivan Brown, but this is a complete embarrassment.

I’m actually starting to feel badly for the people of Regina having to deal with Jones turning the franchise into a total laughing stock. Chamblin was terrible, be even he was never this much of a disaster.

Have ZERO respect for Chris Jones. Turned my back on my Argos because Barker signed this racist ass. Anyone who signs him now should be banned from the league along with Mitchell. Feel sorry for Rider fans that they are stuck with a team management that thinks it's alright to bring racists into their community.

Hope the Riders go 0 for the rest of the season.

Totally agree with you and I don't think he even played much for the Als last season before they cut him loose. Ticats still have a trip to Saskatchewan to play the Riders coming up in the next few weeks and I can only hope that he is LONG gone before that game!

100 % agree , Corky Jones has absolutely lost the script signing this mental midget. Mitchell shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football field and should have been hit with a life time ban instead of being allowed back in the league.
Hopefully this tool doesn't hurt anybody seriously with his thug mentality to the way he plays the game and hopefully somebody shoves his twitter sideways right up his fat racist ass. :x :thdn:

Geez, from one controversy to the next in Riderville. From an outside perspective this seems even worse than our Mike Kelly days. :smiley:

Full on desperation mode in Riderville now.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure Rod Pederson will be along any minute to tell us what an excellent person Khalif Mitchell is. :cowboy:

and right on cue , here he is the one the only "Pom Pom" Pedersen

[url=http://www.rodpedersen.com/2016/08/riders-sign-khalif-mitchell.html]http://www.rodpedersen.com/2016/08/ride ... chell.html[/url]

That arm bar attack should have qualified as lifetime ban. There is NO grey area on that play. I have always thought Jones was a douche and this roster move just solidifies it.

Jones could care less about the integrity of the CFL and is only concerned with his gigantic ego. :thdn:

Jones is running a community owned team with absolutely no regard for the community! :oops:
The Circus continues. :?

From the comments section( which is a way better read than pom pom pedersen)

Gord said...
So let me get this straight. All we heard this off season was how we had all these scouts leaving no stone unturned and how great both Murphy and Jones are at finding and evaluating talent. Then Jones tells the media how they only want good character people to play for this football team and they sign khalif Mitchell.??! This season has been a complete gong show and as a fan I am very concerned about the direction Jones is taking this team. Why on earth would they sign a POS like this? Why?? For the first time ever I'm ashamed and embarrassed to cheer for this team. can someone explain this to me?? Has Jones lost his mind? This is the best they can come up with? Yikes man. Wow! I am freaking pissed off!
August 31, 2016

At least in this case Pedersen takes a "Just the facts" approach rather than trying to justify it as the best move the team has ever made (until the next one, of course).

Although on Twitter, when someone asked whether Saskatchewan needed this guy, his response was "1-8 and last I sacks. Yes!!"

Surprised to see a move like this, when NFL cuts are going to be happening in the next few weeks.
Dirty player plus completely ignorant.

I get people should get second chances, but isn't this the 3rd or 4th chance.

Not on the team, only practice roster, but if he ends up on the team, better have a full gag order. No interviews of any kind, and no access to social media while on the team, even in off season.

Doubt he will be around long.

Chris Jones has a long history of extending his middle finger to the league and its fans. It started before he ever got to Edmonton and continued through his regime there (i.e. not bringing the team out for the national anthem, not shaking hands with opponent coaches, etc), and when he left Edmonton basically one week after winning the Grey Cup he had the whole city fit to be tied. So, what did Rider fans expect?Since getting to Regina he's attempted to bring in players the NFL has suspended and padded the practice roster to the breaking point (Bo Levi Mitchell "broke" that story). And now there's the Khalif Mitchell chapter to the Chris Jones saga. Yes sir, ... real "character" guys, the both of them.
Have fun Saskatchewan!

Mitchell also punched a Bomber player in his junk, while said player was lying on the ground. Perhaps Jones has brought this guy in to take out a player, or two....

For the record he is still posting racist stuff on his twitter account. Some crazy stuff, blaming the Americans for interfering with the German advance (ww2) in it's quest to wipe out the Russians. He blames the Jews in there too. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And now a response from the Commish, Weak would be an understatement! :roll:

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/2016/09/01/cfl-issues-statement-regarding-khalif-mitchell/]http://www.cfl.ca/2016/09/01/cfl-issues ... -mitchell/[/url]

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League has issued a statement regarding the recent signing of Khalif Mitchell by the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

On Thursday, Commissioner Jeffrey L. Orridge stated the following:
[b][i]
There is absolutely no place in our league for commentary used to divide or disparage people on the basis of their religion, race, gender or sexual orientation. Such commentary not only may bring the CFL into disrepute; it can promote hate today and dishonour all those who have been subjected to hate over the course of history.

Our social media policy expressly prohibits a current player, team or league employee from using social media, including the retweeting or reposting of someone else’s comments, to condone discrimination, harassment or violence. This is why in May, 2015, this league fined Khalif Mitchell, then in the employ of a CFL club, for violating our policy. It is also why, at that time, our office helped broker a meeting for him with a representative of B’Nai Brith Canada, to facilitate his education on human rights matters.

Since Mitchell has now returned to our league, with another club, his new employer has reached out to the league office to assure us they too take this matter very seriously and any such inappropriate behaviour from Mitchell will result in his immediate dismissal. We too will monitor any commentary he may make as a member of our League. We fully acknowledge that our employees, including our players, have a right to hold and express opinions. But in absolutely no circumstance do we condone activity or comments that are derogatory or inappropriate. Such comments, which put the League’s reputation as a progressive and positive member of the community in question, will not be tolerated.[/i][/b]