Riders sign Hargreaves, Nine game 2.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today they have added non-import wide receiver Aaron Hargreaves to the team’s practice roster.

Hargreaves (6’4? – 223) was originally drafted by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the second round (15th overall) of the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft. In four seasons with Winnipeg, the Simon Fraser University product appeared in 62 games catching 53 passes for 531 yards and a touchdown. He also played in the 2011 Grey Cup catching a six yard pass.

The Ladner, BC native signed a free agent contract with Edmonton during the 2012 off-season but was released after playing two games.

• The Riders also announced that linebacker Abraham Kromah and receiver Jordan Sisco have each been placed on the 9-game injured list.

Kromah suffered a fractured right fibula in Sunday’s game vs. BC, while Sisco fractured his right scaphoid in the same game.

[url]http://www.riderville.com/article/riders-transactions[/url]

Was never a big fan of Hargreaves, but what do we do in this situation, Bamba is still raw, but I'm sure he will still get a shot. Kromah really hurts, he was great this year. Hopefully Stone/MC/Hurl can step in and not have a huge drop off. I think that Sisco was coming into his own this year as well, wasn't getting many balls thrown his way, but when he did, he made the most of them, making some nice catches, with one drop ( which I will excuse cause he thought it was going to be a pick so he focused on the tackle). Hopefully they can both make a good and quick recovery.

I'm not be critical on signing Hargreaves but to me the Riders offence needs a tall speedy receiver which other teams around the league have figured out. Wpg Chris Mattews 6'5, SJ Green 6'2, Brandon London 6'4. They all are tall and have speed. Hargreaves is tall but is not all fast, if anyone checked out the bombers forum last year all of the bomber fans complained how slow Hargreaves and they couldn't wait for him to be released. It seems if the bombers release someone they don't want Tanman seems to pick them up. Former bombers Hargreaves, Terence Jeffers Harris, Ryan Dinwiddie, graeme bell just to name a few. You would think there is a receiver down south that Tanman could find but it seems his only talent pool comes from former bomber casts offs.

Pretty sure "Canadian" is the main reason why he's in Rider camp.

The loss of Kromah hurts alot.. He has been our consistently best defender this year.