Riders sign defensive lineman Willie Jefferson

See this what ticks me off. Very good player Willie. Esks offered him big time contract.!!!!!!!!!!!

However Riders offered way more. Riders with 86 players in town, air planes bring more in each day!!!
How can they afford it and other teams can't and will still balance books as normal!!!! Impossible
Someone is cooking those books for sure. Eskimo's were counting on Grimes and Jefferson for playoff run.

Riders had 40+ million in revenue. Good for them. Eskimos could be doing the same if the charged more than $29 average ticket price for the seats. No one else in the league is that cheap. $10 more X 30K fans per game X 9 home dates is almost $3 million more. They can still offer cheap seats but need to move the mean ticket price higher.

by brianjoxx » 28 Sep, 2016 - 10:53

See this what ticks me off. Very good player Willie. Esks offered him big time contract.!!!!!!!!!!!

"However Riders offered way more. Riders with 86 players in town, air planes bring more in each day!!!
How can they afford it and other teams can't and will still balance books as normal!!!! Impossible
Someone is cooking those books for sure. Eskimo's were counting on Grimes and Jefferson for playoff run."

Could you please provide us with the breakdown of Riders salaries as they are on the books so far so we can
all see the atrocity that is taking place before our very eyes. Not fair that you are the only one that knows what's on the Rider Books to this date.

If anyone thinks that the Riders aren't cheating take a look at the length of their 6 game list. Van Gylswik? Really? Yes, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE hides 4 or 5 guys on extended injured, but Jones must have a dozen or more. It's insane.

However, I don't think that their payroll is as high as everyone thinks. After Durant, there's Labatte and Capicciotti, north of 150k. Greg Jones maybe 150? Otha Foster and Bagg maybe 120-150k, probably Clarke too. X Fulton probably in the 100k range, I might think more but seeing how long he sat in FA means he likely had no big offers and signed for less.

All the big salaries are gone. Chick, Dressler, Getz, Alex Hall, Weldon Brown, heck even Lemon at 170k is gone. The Riders' 46 list has to be well under the cap. It's the sheer number of 6 gamers and not so 'secret' practice players where the abuse is.

Remember, the cap is I think 5.2 mil, and the roster is 46 plus PR and the 1 game. So ROUGHLY 5 million divided by ROUGHLY 50 dudes = ROUGHLY 100k per player. If a team only has 10 salaries over 100k and league minimum is ROUGHLY 50k (I think it's 54k?) then there's a hell of a lot of dudes making between 50-80k, so it is not difficult to see a team like this being a good 500k UNDER that cap (officially at least).

And like I said, ALL teams hide players, it's just that Chris Jones is doing it 4 and 5 times more than anyone else before and that's what needs to stop.

How do you know the Riders offered more? The Riders are in the midst of contract talks with Durant so there maybe a need to have some bonus money left for any contract.

Jefferson knows Jones so that is one of the bigger things that got him to sign with the Riders.

[url=http://www.riderville.com/2016/09/28/september-28th-willie-jefferson-media-availability/]http://www.riderville.com/2016/09/28/se ... ilability/[/url]

Like to know where it stated that the Riders offered more than Edmonton.

In an interview, Jones said the Jefferson's agent actually contacted him about interest.

When it comes to hiding players on the injury list the league has to look at this, either expand the reserve list, or have league doctors that check all the "injured" players.

This is NOT a Rider issue, this is something going on league wide and the teams are pretty blatant about it.

Player A is playing. Player B gets signed. Player A gets put on Injured list same or next day.

Sorry very Sorry. I made a big mistake!!!
I thought the CFL had a salary cap.
Which all teams can spend on players & coaches.
Must have missed that one

Okay which books do you want the real or the Cook

Both please, just for comparisons sake.

Well lets see!! Edmonton wanted him back for sure. Good player yes !! offer was around $140,000 to start but pro rated
for this year, So Willie is going from a place he likes for less money because of Jones. Nonsense just like the guy above
who said. SHOW ME THE BOOKS. do your own research????
In the salary cap all coaches salaries are included.The 7 coaches from Edmonton had homes which they may sell or not, to move to riderville??? Will come out one day public, but all at least double their salaries except Jones.
Jones salary as guessed by TSN would be $700,000 or plus. Take that $1.5 off the cap.

Why would I research YOUR ACCUSATIONS. SHOW ME the facts or quit accusing people of things.

Includes All players, reserve players or injured players list, All coaches including GM and fired coaches and GM salaries.

I don't have to show you nothing bud. I'm stating my findings . Delete me if you don't like people to state
there interpretation of salary costs. You show or prove different..gees another one with head in the sand.

Well in the country I live in it is the accusers duty to prove the facts. The Accused can just sit back and laugh at the lack of evidence and then walk away knowing there were no FACTS to be had to have them accused in the first place. Let's just call it like it is. Jefferson wants another cup and chose where he thinks it will happen first between the options on the table for him. :rockin: :rockin:

Rethink the bolded part. Maybe that's what's driving your cap accusations.

Why would I research YOUR ACCUSATIONS. SHOW ME the facts or quit accusing people of things.
I don't have to show you nothing bud. I'm stating my findings . Delete me if you don't like people to state there interpretation of salary costs. You show or prove different..gees another one with head in the sand.
That's about par for how low this forum has sunk this year. You state it is your Findings - The only one who has authority to audit payrolls of teams is the CFL. Therefore your post is untruthful. Go ahead and dislike a team but atleast put some effort into your troll posts by telling people that its your opinion - telling people its your findings is .... laughable

One thing that was mentioned is that he will get in 5 games with the Riders opposed to 4 games with the Eskimos as he would not have been ready for the game on Friday coming in mid week to practice and Thursday being travel day. Therefore both teams could offer the same amount per game for the rest of the year and he would make more in Sask even if the Eskimos do make the crossover and get playoff money as game cheques.

Beyond maybe wanting to play for Jones .... with a few big named injured contemplating retirement .... Riders may have more spendable cash fir years 2 or 3 ..... haven't seen how long he signed for

Provide a link for Jeffersons offer as I have yet to see one. Total cop out as anyone can toss out unsubstantiated numbers.

Now I know you are off your rocker if you think all coaches salaries are included in the salary cap. You are the only one on this site that thinks that.

Here is a link, https://cfldb.ca/faq/compensation/ for the SMS and it clearly states that its players only.

Man some people know jack squat.

Once you are finished reading the link I provided on the SMS, I expect that you will retract everything you have stated thus far on this subject.