Riders Sign DB Justin

The Riders just announced that they have signed Defensive Back Airabin Justin.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15387]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=15387[/url]

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 07:00PM

REGINA (CFL.ca wire) -- The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced on Tuesday that the club has signed import defensive back Airabin Justin. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Justin spent his first three CFL seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Last season, he started nine games and had 21 defensive tackles and an interception. In his three CFL seasons, the 26-year old has dressed in 30 games and recorded 73 defensive tackles, four interceptions, and five pass knockdowns.

Prior to joining the Tiger-Cats, Justin spent time with the Baltimore Ravens and St. Louis Rams in the NFL. After spending three seasons at the University of Utah, Justin transferred to Northern Arizona for his final year of college ball.

“We are very pleased to have Airabin with us,? said Roughriders general manager and vice president of football operations Eric Tillman. “He’s a character guy who brings valuable experience to our secondary.?

Imo, this should help our secondary. He may not be a "superstar" but the guy has CFL experience and should help in our secondary. If we just sign one more veteran defensive back I think we should be set for this season.

Although I have absoluetly no knowledge of this guy, I am sure he isn't half bad. And if anyone can make someone better it is Richie Hall along with Eddie Davis.

One or two more db's would be nice. It would be even nice to sign a rookie or 2

hopefully dude is good

good signing for us!!

he's a decent db, and richie will make him great!

This move can't really hurt us! Ritchie Hall can hopefully re-build our secondary in a hurry! I think he's gonna have to in a hurry. When you look at our schedule, we face some good pass offences.

Let's hope Jusin doesn't go Almondo Curry on us! I think (hope) some of our younger guys like James Johnson and Rontarius Robinson surprize us this year.

Go Riders Go!!!

Having lost Bush and Morgan, this is a good pickup for you guys, I think Justin is a quality DB; maybe not superstar potential, but better than average.

What was the word in Saskatchewan last year on Curry? What happened there? The kid was a star in Montreal until he fell into Matthews' doghouse (from where one never emerges). I thought he would be a significant player for the Riders but then he fizzled; what was up with that?

Well, Im not even sure if they said publicly. But I think he started to slack off which $ucked... Cuz I liked him, even when he played in Montreal (and thats saying alot for me... lol)

I don't think much was said publicly about Almondo Curry's release. I'll admit I certainly thought we got a good deal in acquiring him from Montreal when all it cost us was Nealon Greene.

I do remember Almondo was exploited by Tony Simmons in week 1, Elijah Thurmon in week 3 and Bashir Levingstone in week 5 for 50+ yard TD's. After the loss to Toronto he was released. But there was no formal announcement from what I remember. Also, no explanation was given by Shivers and Barrett from what I remember.