Riders resign stancil and perry!

Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Danny Barrett announced today that import defensive back T.J. Stancil and import defensive lineman Fred Perry have both re-signed one-year plus option contracts with the club. Financial terms were not released.

Stancil dressed in 10 games last season including the Scotiabank East Semifinal and started five games at linebacker. He finished the year with 31 defensive tackles, eight safety touches, one quarterback sack and one interception. He was named the CFL’s Defensive Player of the Week in Week 9 and was the Roughriders nominee for Most Outstanding Rookie.

Perry started 12 games at defensive end including the Scotiabank East Semifinal. He ended the season with 42 defensive tackles, 11 quarterback sacks and 10 safety touches. Perry was also named the CFL Lineman of the Week in Week 14.

Post your thoughts on this.

........none....next one.........

Perry was good re-signing, he did an outstanding job filling in for Benefield I believe, and not too sure on Stancil, but with all the competition at camp, should help the riders become a better team...

Love the resignings. I think Perry is amazing, partly because he is a great lineman, and partly because the opposing O-line has to focus so much on Davis and Schultz that no one is left to stop Perry from getting to the QB, but either way I am glad we signed him. As for Stancil, the few times he filled in for Jackie Mitchel he was outstanding and if Mitchel hadn't been a vet he would have been replaced right then in my opinion. Good job Riders.

Go Riders!!

I thought Fred Perry really came into his own last year and will be a force if he picks it up this year. Stancil was a good fine as well, a big safety who can play OLB, the Riders have no worries at OLB with Hunt, Mitchell and Stancil IMO.

they are both good signings for the green machine.......

Perry is a good signing guy plays with lots of heart. Great competitor. Stancil HMMM do not know have to see how he does this year.