Riders release four in wake of loss to Lions

Then apparently they both drop 50% of their passes – Duke is 23 of 47.

1 Like

There were 3 other NFL clubs interested in him in January… One of them may pick him up yet.

I don’t see it. Duke came in this season a bit overweight for the CFL game, looks really slow and is only catching 50% of his targets. Add on the suspension and the only team that may have some interest is Edmonton and that’s a stretch with Manny and Kenny already there.

1 Like

I don't see it either. My comment was more an affirmation that: 1) our O-Line desperately needs improvement; 2) Duke isn't living up to the hype, or his lofty price tag.

1 Like

He’s been a huge disappointment imo.
I’m not sure what it is, but he just doesn’t dominate like he’s shown he can do. For the Riders to have any success on offense, he has to raise his level of play.

2 Likes

… AND keep his nose clean in the process (the Riders are dealing with enough controversy).
But in fairness to Williams a lot of Fajardo’s throws are off target, and a lot of that is on the O-Line. With limited mobility/escapability Cody needs more time, and with a league-worse 29 sacks allowed he’s obviously not getting it.

2 Likes

29 sacks?! Already?!!

I think it’s the GM who’s NOT getting it. Fix the frickin’ line already. Call it an act of mercy.

1 Like