Riders release Duron Carter

If I was his mentor, I would encourage him to find himself outside of football which I think is what he wants to do. But damn that talent thing that he has for the game of football, he has it and knows it and that's tough to give up to see yourself perfom in front of thousands on TV and live.

His catch on TSN last year was very marketable .

It stayed up as one highlight againstanother as a great AD for the CFL talent wise .

Say what you want the crazy prima donna receivers in the NFL receive a lot of ink .

It would be great if we just had Ben Cahoons CFL and Jerry Rice NFL types but it's the eccentrics and prima donnas that create that buzz which makes the fans care a little more whether you hate them or love them .

However not disguising the play as a pass on a run is a major NO NO . That's releasable .

Saying you want more targets is expected and should not lose you a job .

A lot of it falls on McAdoo and his inability to work with people at all. If you are not doing things exactly as in his mind he can’t deal with that well. It’s amazing he hasn’t had a stroke. Not saying that to be a dick, honest statement. Jones tried transferring Carter to Mac…he couldn’t handle it. Jones could…or did last season. His OC was incapable…just as he is incapable of dealing well with players that are not a handful.

...here’s your potential landing spots:

Als
Argos
Ti-Cats
Lions

...as reported on TSN, some of those teams have expressed general interest and others have actually extended contract offers...

The Cats give him the best chance for a cup out of that group right now .

If that’s important to him.

If he wants name recognition then the Als give him the most press .

Lions maybe on their way up too but there is a lot more competition in the west and they do have great receivers already in BC .

If he wants new places then go to the Argos but I think Montreal and helping with the Johnny show will give him those wanted targets .

Earlier this afternoon, I wrote that it will between Toronto or Montreal with the edge to Toronto.

I have changed my mind and now think that he will sign with Montreal. He would be their number 1 receiver.

Richard

For some reason I think he might take a pay cut in either Calgary or Winnipeg

OK

B.c. bound

Think you may be correct. The guy would fit in like a glove and love life out there. Not to mention what he and Lulay could become. An astute accurate passer going to a schoolyard type receiver that always gets open.
Wouldn't be surprised if he chose B.C. simply for the extra game that they have against Jones this year compared to the other situations.

CFL should stand for Coaches Football League.How an assistant coach can run the most talented player in the league out of town is astounding.
To be truthful, this league is completely assbackwards. I have an aunt who's daughter in law makes more money as the treasurer of a CFL team then the starting QB does. Her salary is 300k.His is barely 250.
I wont say which team, but yhe league has destroyed itself by paying the wrong people. The attendance is down for almost every team this season again. Down down down.. It's a constant trend in thus league.
In 2011, the league averaged over 800k on TSN, they have lost 40 % of their viewers in 7 years. Official attendance is down 20 percent over the same 7 years. Actual attendance is down substantially more.
Once the TSN contract is up in 2022, this league is done.
It is sickening how we pay morons like Jones and Macadoo a combined 1 million dollars, but someone who could have actually helped the league like Manziel has to hold out for months to get 150k. This league deserves to die with that kind of stupidity.

actually the TV ratings dropped even more than I thought.. In 2010 we averaged 876. This season, only 1 game cracked that number.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/cfls-slumping-ratings-cause-for-concern/article4183618/
At this rate, the CFL will be averaging under 500 k by next season.
I am convinced that the CFL already averages under 20k per game in attendance, but lies to keep their sponsors happy.
You can lie about attendance, but you cant lie about TV numbers.

…so who do you think should be in charge of who stays and plays and who goes?

…you seem to suggest that a coach, who is charged with the responsibility of deciding which players are best suited to play for his team, doesn’t merit that ability?

Im saying that fans watch games on TV and go to games because of the talent on the field. Fans do not give a rats ass who is calling the shots.
The quality of play was much better in the CFL back in the 90s when assistant coaches were living in basement suites or on couches and the players were the ones that were putting the teams in financial peril.
Nowadays, the teams would be in even worse financial shape if it wasnt for the TSN contract, but the coaches and administration are recieving a much much higher salary than the players

TV numbers are down across the board, there will be a downward pressure on all Sports property TV contracts. ESPN is bleeding money FOX just let go of the UFC, the NFL and the NHL will likely not see the kind of money they got on their last deals for a long time either.

No leagues numbers have dropped as badly as the CFL though.
No other league has lost 40 percent of its viewers.

You are using numbers from 2011 as indicated in the article , it says it was updated in 2018 but show me in the article the piece that was updated, as far as I can see, they are talking about Cohon who is no longer the commish…rating from 2010 - 2011…if you want to state facts , state up to date ones. Then we can have a decent dialogue.

…doesn’t answer my question…who decides who gets to be on the team if not the coach, or GM, who I assume is also on your personal list of overpaid people?

No one has ever bought a ticket to a sporting event anywhere to see someone coach. Family excluded. With that said, the league needs Carter to go to Toronto. League also needs Kapernick to sign with Toronto next year. Or offer Tebow big bucks. League needs to make a splash. Manzel is a start but they need more star power.