Riders re-sign Neal Hughes.....

NEAL HUGHES RE-SIGNS WITH RIDERS

General Manager Eric Tillman announced today that potential free agent running back Neal Hughes has re-signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Financial details of the contract have not been released.

Hughes is entering his sixth season with the Green and White. The Regina product dressed in 12 regular season games and the West Semi-Final in 2008. He finished the season with 35 carries for 130 yards and four touchdowns. He also had 16 receptions for 187 yards and three touchdowns.

During his CFL career, Hughes has dressed in 64 regular season games and has 39 rushes for 149 yards and five touchdowns. He has also caught 18 passes for 207 yards and three touchdowns.

The former University of Regina Ram star has also excelled on special teams recording 61 special teams tackles while with the Riders.

"We're very pleased to extend Neal's relationship with our club,? stated Tillman. “In truth, he's been a Rider since 1980 when he was born here. Growing up in this province, Neal has a unique love for this franchise, and, over the past couple of years, he has certainly developed into one of our best players. Neal is so versatile: he can play both backfield positions, he catches the ball very well, and is one our best special team performers. As such, Neal will be significant factor in our future success."

edit - spelling

YAY! Now cut Szarka! They don't use him, what's the point of having him.

Uh oh, I don't like Szarka here come the insults!

I love Szarka but you're probably right.

You stupid son of a … just kidding as much as i want to disagree with you im afraid his time has come, always will be one of my favorites thought especially when he practises juggling the ball when its thrown to him

There's a problem with cutting Szarka .... he can fill in as an extra O-Lineman really well ... something that Neil doesn't bring to the table. With the struggles we had last year keeping the O-Line healthy, we were often relying on Szark to play tight-end to help out the replacements.

For the right price Szarka can still be a valuable commodity.

Pretty much the 3rd off season in a row that i have said this

Huges is awesome .

We're still a better team with Szarka then without him.

With the exception of a couple of years where fullbacks were featured more in the offensive scheme, for the most part they are there for pass protection. Hughes is 30 pounds less then Szarka, that makes a big difference to make up when they have to step in front of a linebacker or a defensive end.

Mikejth, we actually agree on something. Each of those two have value...it's not an either/or proposition.

Whoa…that’s like the seventh sign or something.