Riders Picking Scraps

http://www.newstalk980.com/greenzone2007/node/287

Another New Receiver in Town
Submitted by Mitchell Blair on July 3, 2007 - 7:36pm. Saskatchewan Roughriders
The Riders have added import receiver Michael Washington to their roster. He has been plucked off of Toronto's practice roster meaning he must be on the 46 man roster for at least two weeks. To make room for Washington, the team has released running back Fred Russell. This doesn't necessarily mean Russell's days in green are done as he can go onto the practice roster.

I thought they already had the best receiving corps in the league and now they are picking up orts ?

Nice going Piggy! You had to stated that now didn’t you. Arius and Jman your turn! Piggy you know what team has the best receivers the Bombers of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was the Riders, followed closely by the Stamps, of course the Lions are pretty good too. Oh I don't know anymore. :?

Well piggy in refrence to your post. The problem is you are thinking. I am very unsure what to believe. Rider fans say they have the best and then you bomber fans say you have the best. I am sooooo confused!

Bomber fans tend to think we have the best receiver of all time not the best receiving corps. At least that's what I hear.

Like I said before piggy what is in that drinking water you guys have? Is my dad spilling the contents of his stile in the drinking water? :lol: :lol:

Did I say best, I meant GREATEST OF ALL TIME :twisted:

Now that is better. Turtleman would have picked up blink and they would have sat in a corner together and pouted hearing that from you. :lol:

I believe they are called injuries my friends :slight_smile: Yo Murphy is hurt, Corey Grant is hurt, and Hoffart is hurt. He's likely not going to see the field unless a couple more guys get hurt.

And as far as the best receiving core in the league... Calgary has a real good group, if Edwards can keep up his play in Winnipeg they have a good group also. The Lions have had a good set of receivers for a while also. It's all personal opinion :slight_smile:

...doh...Dust why doesn't your team's website post a damn roster depth list?.....

Im pretty sure its injuries. Trading Tyrone Anderson doesnt look so good right now because of the injuries. I dont know what the big deal is myself, I would have left things as they are. Unless the injuries are worse than they are saying, which I definately hope isnt the case...

...whereas I definately do hope it is the case....

I think you need to join the Rider Alliance to see that depth chart... :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

...you guys and your secret handshake stuff...

Me and Sambo could show youm but then we'd have to..... well you know the saying

It's actually a special tip of the hat :wink:

...and a wag of the finger...?

The Riders usually put up the depth chart for each game. This is the one from last week:

[url=http://www.riderville.com/resources/Depth%20Chart-%20June%2029.pdf]http://www.riderville.com/resources/Dep ... e%2029.pdf[/url]

And yes some of the injuries are serious, the speculation is that YO has blown his achillies, so since this was going to be his last year, it could mean out for ever.

Grant might be back this week, not sure about Hoffart. They have had lots of injuries this year.

I dont care about speculation...

That would be aweful news for Yo if that's the case. Hope it isn't as serious as the speculation as that's not the way to go out for any player.