Riders name Kelly Jeffrey as offensive coordinator

REGINA — The Saskatchewan Roughriders and head coach Craig Dickenson are pleased to announce that Kelly Jeffrey has been named the club’s offensive coordinator.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/12/12/riders-name-kelly-jeffrey-as-offensive-coordinator/

Who?

Yeah, that was my first thought too, but there's a convo going in the Rider forum if you want to opine there.

I’ll pass :slightly_smiling_face:

I will say that I don’t think Mr. Jeffrey was management’s first choice.

2 Likes

Article is obfuscating but he was running backs coach for the Riders last season.......So now they need a running backs coach, O-line coach, receivers coach.

I have no idea what the Riders are doing and haven't since they did nothing in free agency process at beginning of 2022!!
Now, there were at least 3 well experienced pro football Offensive gurus available and I know you can name them.
Instead they go with WHO??

Everyone else declined the job. I think Reynolds and the board should be asking themselves why.

1 Like

Yep, this will be much better than having Moss with a different QB in 23’. I can hear Rider Nation screaming at the top of their lungs now, “Bring back Cody, Bring back Cody, Bring back Cody”

Kelly speaks glowingly of Cody, says they can win Grey Cup with him, article at 3 down nation

Coach Dickie adds this
Cody's one of the guys we're going to look at hard. If it is Cody, we're going to work real hard at regaining his trust. And hopefully he's going to do the same, to work real hard to make improvements in his game."

I find the word "regaining" to be very interesting. That tells me that Dicks did, in fact, lose at least his quarterback and possibly the whole room last year, as I suspected. I wonder if it was the "vet day" lie (he certainly lost me with that one), or if trust was already gone and that was just icing on the cake.

I know if I'm a leader in the room, an action like that by the coach on one of my teammates stays at the front of the file for a long time. He's got more than Cody that he has to redeem himself to.

2 Likes

If Dick lost the room last year, how will he gain it back this coming season? If that was indeed the case, I’ll stick with my offseason prediction of the Riders being last in the west in 23’

I don’t disagree.