Riders moving to Saskatoon rumour?

Interesting, just reading about this rumour. Anyone out there have any more info about this?

[url=http://www.newstalk650.com/incoming/20080214/saskatoon-mayor-skeptical-about-riders-moving-north]www.newstalk650.com/incoming/20080214/s ... ving-north[/url]

...what is the state of reporting come to when stories like this actually get printed?...pretty bad I guess...

...its a story about a third or fourth hand rumour?!...ridiculous....the last sentence should've read:

Atchison says he first got wind of the idea late Wednesday night, but says it was after his third or fourth scotch

...maybe City News marketing director Bob Amey should've reconsidered 'Bring you kid to work day' when little Timmy asked him....

Wake me up when Marty York reports it. :wink:

I heard the team was moving to La Ronge....

I think they should move to Bigger.

That way, if they ever bring back the Ottawa Rough Riders, Sask can have the bigger rough riders.

you mean Biggar*, you orchard picker :stuck_out_tongue:

...and it'd be Biggar Roughriders, too...poor FYB...can't catch a break...

i would like to see them make the move to Dog River!

If the Spitoon had a big enough stadium, it would be fun , as a Bomber fan anyway, to have LDC there once in awhile.

...except that Dog River doesn't even exist in Saskatchewan, as far as I know...

I just looked it up... apparently Dog River is actually Rouleau... :o

True story, Chief...it's south of Regina...

Which means the chances of the Riders moving to Dog River are equal to the chances the team will move to Saskatoon…

I thought of that, but its only a problem on paper, not in conversation. sothere :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard Broken Arrow was the new site, as they could draw from nearby Maple Creek and surrounding areas...

Yeah... Stupid rumour.

..Stupid Girl...good song by Garbage, featuring red hot female vocalist Shirley Manson...whoops, took that off topic for a sec...sorry...

It's funny what makes it's way into the water after one really successful season, on and off the field.

This was in the paper a few weeks ago here, it was basically started by John Gormley as a ploy to get listeners to tune in to his show, and I think he was successful in that regard, even if it is entirely fabricated.

Oops, sorry I asked guys. :expressionless:

well you could always do it like Green Bay did it in the 60's. Half the teams games belong to Regina and half to Sakatoon. Or better yet, make 2 teams!