RIDERS IN 1ST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockin: :cowboy: :D :D :D :D

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great win on the road in front of a record crowd. What a team, the green riders are,

• what a defence shutting down arguably the best qb in the league.
    -what a game Durant played
    -Wes Cates is a beast - Calgary's loss our gain.
  • What great coaching
  • What a stud Jamie Boreham is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup: :thup:
    -Best Canadian receivers in the league and Claremont is not even playing.
    What at team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Grey Cup here we come. I would not want to play the Riders in the playoffs!!!! :cowboy:
    Riders Rule
    Esks Drool
    p.s. where is all the Eskimo bravado now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cowboy: (remember you asked me that last week after our loss to your Esks at Mosiac. i'd say we answered back big time! :rockin: :rockin:

CFL rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh go eat something bad.

they got a win because the Esks didn't show up.

Funny , I counted 12 Esks players out there on offence , defence and on special teams. I think they did show up CFLthebest!! :roll: :wink: I'd say a blown opportunity,and, a team that was outplayed by a hungrier , tougher team!!
Your Esks are a good team this year no doubt. They just lost to a superior team today!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin: :cowboy:

my esks? they ARENT MY ESKS! :x

if anything they're nothing.

I think the Esks didn't Show up, BUT NOT LITERALLY!! jees, wake up!

last time i checked a win counts no matter how bad the other team played, why do we complain every time we win, AND everytime we lose :?

Technically it's a tie for first with Calgary and the lead on the eskimos is only a single game. chances are at the end of each week we'd e able to make a thread with the similar title but for a different team than the week before. Enjoy this while it lasts because as soon as the western teams are playing again first in the west can change hands

Technically, if the season ended this week, the Riders would finish first in the west and get the playoff bye.

This is the werst thread ever. they won one out of three games against the eskimos, and they only won by 3 points. and now the riders are the best team instantly. yes if the playoffs started today the case would be sask with the by. now, i think that was the case last year at this point as well. thats why they play 18 games. if edmonton wins next week and sask loses, then edmonton gets the by. its the threads like this that make rider fans look rediculous.

LoL the only thing more pointless than a Turkeybend thread, is someone coming on the Turkeybend and complaining about said thread.

im just tryin to stop riders fans from makin themselves look so retarted. the few make the rest look aweful

Here's a tip: if you want to call someone retarded, try not to misspell 5/20 words in your post. And especially not the word retarded.

I love that this thread pits Rider Fan (Turkey) vs pretend-Rider Fan (cfl, and probably terminator will show up too).

Meanwhile the sensible Esks fans will just stay away, waiting for someone to grab a shovel. :slight_smile:

I think im falling for you turkey!! I know a man and a turkey were never ment to be but we will show em wont we :wink:

Actually, not so. Since the Riders and Stamps have only played one game, that game would be thrown out. So it would go by points for and against. So Riders would not be in first. There still is a lot of games to be played, and the West has a lot of parity compared to the east..The standings will change hands on a weekly basis..and only in November will we know.

CFL TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following priorities and shall be awarded to the club that: a) has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League or, b) has won the greater number of games played against the other tied Club(s) or,
... [url=http://www.cfl.ca/uploads/assets/CFL/publications/2008rulebook.pdf]http://www.cfl.ca/uploads/assets/CFL/pu ... lebook.pdf[/url]

That says nothing about only playing one game....

Actually, now that I think about it... whoever wrote the rule book made a bit of a logical mistake. If part a) ever came into effect... there wouldn't be a tie in the first place... so there's no need to include that under the tie breaking procedure.

Say what now?

here's how it works..

since Calgary has the better record vs Edmonton but not Saskatchewan.. Saskatchewan is ahead of them...

doesn't matter at this point anyways.

Saskatchewan has the win over Calgary right now.

that's why Saskatchewan is currently in First place.

but Newspapers never seem to get it right,

If a team has won more games against all other league teams (condition (a) of tie breaking) then they'd have more points than the team that hadn't (unless points are being awarded for non-league wins that I'm not aware of...). If a team has more points than another, there is no tie. So to include this condition under 'tie breakers' is pointless.

Gotcha. So basically, the first tie-breaker is the number under the big “W.” I’m picking up what you’re throwing down. you sir, have a point well made.