Riders Hold your heads high and what really counts!

:cowboy: :rockin: I suppose I could rant and make a case that the referees missed or made bad calls.

I suppose I could complain about the sometimes trash talking that was occuring on the field.
I suppose I could complain about the Riders being homered but…

On Remembrance Day that does not seem anywhere near appropriate, in fact it would all seem totally irrelevant so I will end by making these comments:

• Congratulations to Calgary on their victory and special congrats to their young qb who played with emotion having dealt with his grandmother’s passing during the past week.
  • Congratulations to my Riders for coming back and almost stealing the game from the Stamps. wELL DONE! :thup:
  • More importantly I would like to point out to all CFL fans how lucky we are to live in a country that has freedom of expression to voice opinions about anything pretty well anything without recrimINation.
  • how lucky are we to live in a country where our emotional stress is worrying whether our CFL football teams play well.
  • We take lots for granted in Canada, and, though we have our share of minor problems we are indeed perhaps the luckiest citizens in the world to live in such a wonderful, free country.
  • Finally, Remembrance Day is all about remembering and thanking all of our veterans who served to protect our democratic freedoms. To those we must continue to remember and pay homage and CFL results should be secondary to that on this day, REMEMBRANCE DAY - LEST WE FORGET.

Yeah. :thup:

Very well put Turkeybend2 :thup:

Nicely put TB2 :thup: except for the poor reffing part :lol:

And you posted this on Nov 12th rather than Nov 11th because.............?

I am one of those that served in Afghanistan so you have the "freedom" to run your mouth like an idiot and I don't begrudge that, but don't you DARE use Remembrance Day as an excuse to vent your petty little complaints about a football game.

I find your post offensive and disgusting. Consider it reported!

You're kidding right? while I appreciate your service as do all Canadians you seem to have gone over the top here. TB has made jest of the game while mentioning and "emphasizing" what really matters. Yeah on the 12th, sorry I don't see the issue.

I could say this but I won't because I'm such an honorable guy. :roll: If he really didn't want to use the day that way then why mention his complaints? I'm not a very politically person and it's not easy to offend me, but he hit that nerve.

He tied his petty complaints about his precious Riders loss on Sunday to Remembrance Day, which in my books is a classless and completely disrespectful action.

This is a football forum, first and foremost. If you know TB you know he is nothing if not glib. I don't believe for a moment he used remembrance day as a forum to complain of his teams loss, rather he used this "football forum to remind everyone what really matters, and yes he took some shots at the refs within the same post . Remembrance day like Christmas (25) goes beyond the 11th and 25th. It is celebrated and remembered days before and well after, so posting on the 12th is not a crime.

I can see you are a passionate Canadian and Armed Forces Member. Thank-You :thup:

I thought you weren't interested in name calling, personal insults and 3rd grade attitudes?

Take a deep breath and re-read the original post. No complaints were being tied to Rememberance Day. If anything, the original poster REFRAINED from complaining about the Riders loss in light of it. Incidentally, at the time of the original post it was in fact still November 11 in Saskatchewan as well as many other parts of Canada.

still the eleventh out west when this was posted.

good luck with the reporting.

I am sure the mods will either be laughing at you, or shaking their heads wondering if you are for real.

dcmoses~

There are two parts to his headline thread title. And he addresses both of them in the same post but separately. I saw nothing wrong with that. He was also discreet in keeping the subjects separate. The first part of his post was an effort to exhort the Riders to hold their heads up high despite losing a very close game. I did not sense that he was venting although I can see how some might think he was attempting to get in a few "digs" at the refereeing. And if he was it was in the context of the game itself. However, I did not think this was at the expense of Remembrance Day recognition.

The second part of his posting was "And what really counts". I think it is pretty much self explanatory so I'll not go into detail.

I for one appreciated his reminder that we all need to focus on the bigger picture. And the bigger picture is not about a semi-final football game. It is....

"We take lots for granted in Canada, and, though we have our share of minor problems we are indeed perhaps the luckiest citizens in the world to live in such a wonderful, free country.

• Finally, Remembrance Day is all about remembering and thanking all of our veterans who served to protect our democratic freedoms. To those we must continue to remember and pay homage and CFL results should be secondary to that on this day, REMEMBRANCE DAY"

If you are a war vet, I thought he did an excellent job of honouring your contribution and that of the many other war vets both past and present.