Riders' Free Agents in 2008

Here is an excerpt from an article by Darrell Davis of the Regina Leader-Post on Nov 29/07 listing the Saskatchewan Roughrider players who become free agents on Feb 15/08:

""It's always hard after you win a championship to bring everybody back,'' said defensive back Eddie Davis, who is among a lengthy list of Roughriders whose contracts expire Feb. 15. "That's the hard thing, to keep the core of the team together. If guys understand what we're trying to do here, we can go out and win another Grey Cup if we keep everybody together.''

Among the other potential free agents are linebacker Reggie Hunt, wide receiver Matt Dominguez, fullback Chris Szarka, offensive linemen Wayne Smith and Jermese Jones, defensive tackle Marcus Adams and defensive backs Rontarius Robinson, Tad Kornegay and Dustin Cherniawski."

Defensive back Eddie Davis and linebacker Reggie Hunt look to be the best available free agents from that group. If he is healthy, wide receiver Matt Dominguez should also get plenty of attention.

Honestly, none of these free agents are ones worth pursuing.

Hunt is a good one, but there is no way Saskatchewan is going to let him go. He will get paid.

Davis is getting up there in age.

Dominguez has knee problems. Same with Wayne Smith.

Adams is a good wide-body in the middle, but Ticat scouting should be able to find a cheaper equivalent.

And the rest of the names either play positions we are stacked in (ex. Szarka), or they are average players at best (ex. Kornegay).

I think the Ticats will be big players on the free agent market, but Saskatchewan's free agents won't be on our new GM's radar.

Look for us to break the bank for Arland Bruce, though.

why Bruce I am shure a Calgary WR would be Better

His Name Ken Yon Rambo

Actually its Ken Yon Rambo

I predict both Rambo and Bruce will be Ticats in 2008.

Rambo went to Ohio State
Collage Info Here

[url=http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/rev/apr01/widereceiver-ken-yonrambo.asp]http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/rev/apr ... nrambo.asp[/url]

His CFL Stats this Year
62 Catches for 983 Yards TD 10