Riders extend LB Larry Dean

REGINA — The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed American linebacker Larry Dean to a contract extension.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/02/03/riders-extend-lb-larry-dean/
1 Like

Good signing by Riders. Does this mean Lacey is signing elsewhere? Hello, Edmonton maybe? Teitz should be a lock @ WIL, his natural position & is a ratio breaker.

Would be a shame to lose Lacey but do agree about Teitz. Quite a bit of Dexter McCoil talk going on as well.

I truly wish Dean a full recovery and a good season. Last year must have been tough.

Perhaps good news about Nelson Lokombo will be coming next.

Dexter McCoil retired earlier this year & has a coaching job in the US. He's still young but it looks like he's made his money in the NFL & CFL & he's finished.

I meant Derrick Moncrief. Another good player.

1 Like

Interesting move. Guys usually loose a step when they come back from the injury that sidelined him. Dean has always counted on that speed to plug the gaps quickly.

It may have to do with free agency. I'm betting it may have to do with the Riders having a bunch of guys that followed Jones to Riderville on their free agents list like Gainey and Lacey.