Riders come to terms w/ WR Duke Williams

REGINA — The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed American receiver D’haquille Williams to a contract extension.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/02/05/riders-come-terms-w-wr-duke-williams/

Good signing, the Duke is back!

3 Likes

… And Rider Nation breathes a collective sigh of relief :relieved:.
Welcome back Duke! Teach Shaq to channel his ‘inner dog’ and we’re in good shape!

2 Likes

"YA GOT THE DUKE! WE GOT THE DUKE!" Midnight Run(Best buddy road flick filmed)

Fajardo is happy to have Duke to throw to. He'd be happier if he had the time to set up and DOWN HE GOES AGAIN UNDER OUR RELENTLESS PASS RUSH...

...seriously. Fajardo needs a better offensive line if he's going to get you guys to the Cup this year.

2 Likes

It was a wonder that Fajardo and Powell had much yardage at all let alone be top 5 league stat leaders behind that o-line and with a bunch of receivers that couldn't make anything other than the routine plays. Duke was easily their best receiver (honorable mention to Moore). I do totally agree that even one good FA vet o-lineman would make a positive difference.

2 Likes

The dominos for the recievers should now begin to fall

1 Like

Will this be the year that Riders' management finally comes to the same conclusion or will it be 'business' (quarterback splattered on the turf while attemping to pass) as usual?

Overpay O'Day strikes again

I think that they went into FA last year thinking that Labatte would be there. When Labatte decided to not report it was too late. He would have made a huge difference. Fajardo was protected fairly well in 2019 for instance, so I don't think that a weak o-line is considered business as usual for Sask. I would be shocked if some sort of vet upgrade wasn't a priority this spring. Of course many teams are in the same hunt for a guy like that so we'll see if they can actually manage it.

1 Like

He is a dirty player. You don’t win with players like that.

1 Like

When Kyle Walters took over our team he had to bite the bullet and bring in a couple of Imports to shore up our soggy front five. We only had one or two nationals who could start for any other team at the time. It took a few years to fix but talk about a turnaround.

1 Like

Don’t I know it… and the majority of CFL fans :wink:.
Hopefully some of that’s been addressed with recent signings.

1 Like

A lot of disappointed teams given this signing. Looking forward to a healthy Shaq Evans, Kyran Moore too. Chris Jones really ranted on Fajardo, that rant by Jones will heat up the rivalry between Sk and Edmonton again. Should be fun!

2 Likes

My goodness so any posts and not a one of them from the nasty red scourges who will let us know the riders will again be basement dwellers and how their Red team will once again finish in third place and lose in the semi final of the west even tho they deserved to win the grey cup because once again they are the best of the best...just like they were the past two season.

You should really try to stick to the topic of the article instead of ranting about Stamp Fans. Makes you sound envious of the Calgary team! :grinning: LOL :laughing:

With Lawler signing for $300,000 in Edmonton, $260k in SK. makes the early signing for Williams good for the Riders and Really good for Lawler.

He certainly got a lot of money and is being paid an amount the Bombers can’t afford, but arguably he was the best receiver in the league last year and therefore has a strong case for being paid the most.

2 Likes

Yeh, but take away Collaros and he's lucky to get 800 yards this year. Jones has never been real adept at building an offence. I'm thinking it's going to play out the same this year.

1 Like