Riders Coaching Staff

Ok so contracts expire end of December technically their still under contract, I wouldn’t call it a promotion to a better position but more of a lateral move . Did they get Hervey’s permission ?

I’m more pissed at the league for not reacting to this before it has gotten to this mess. I’m sure the league is worse off at this point .

Yes Rider fans enjoy your new coaches but I think it may have come with a price as you’ve all pissed off every other team in the league as well as all of their fan base .

I highly doubt they’ve pissed off every other team in the league. Edmonton maybe, but other than John Murphy coming over from Calgary they’ve left everyone else alone. And they went through the proper process with Edmonton, they requested permission before hiring someone.

Jason Maas was likely going to hire his own coaches anyways, as most Head coaches bring in other guys they’ve worked with before. In the end it’s likely made no difference.

I still think it was badly mismanaged by Hervey though. How could he have his entire coaching staff have expiring contracts? Maybe he knew Jones was gone long ago, otherwise you’d think he’d make an effort to extend some of those guys during the season.

Welcome to real life. Tons of people watch because they find specific personalities interesting, not out of blind loyalty to a logo no matter how bad it is.

We call the latter group Leafs fans.

Noticed plenty of empty seats in Saskatchewan this year. Weak fans ?

Yet we still averaged the second highest average attendance/game, in a 3-15 season. Man that’s weak. :wink:

Averaged 31,182 on a 3 win team. Good enough for 2nd best in the league. Attendance actually went up from the previous year. Not a good argument HfxTC.

Riders Coaching Staff.....
I've hung with the Riders for over 50 years and I've gotta say I think the Riders now have one of the strongest Executive and Coaching Staff I've seen in some years.
I'm excited for the Franchise! I expect an exciting team in 2016
Hopefully the province and Jones become very appreciative of each other.

Could have done without McAdoo as OC. Edmonton's offense wasn't exactly scary last season.

On the other hand, Eskimos got the job done on O and yes McAdoo is a good hire.

Offense wasn't really a weak point for the Riders in 2015, hopefully McAdoo doesn't have them take a step back in that regards.

Even an average defense would have had them in the playoffs in a weak West last year.

Actually as a insider very close to the real truth. However like the investigation will revile not enough/effective rules in place. Remember salary caps include all. So why all x Edmonton coaches went to SASK for there health or $$$

Certainly not the life style or weather

All those coaches were together in Edmonton for 2 years, worked together and took home Lord Grey’s Mug. No different now with all of them going with Jones to Regina. They are there to win football games, bottom line.

FFS. When are you going to realize, Assistant coaches work for the H.C. not the team. Maas likely wouldn’t have hired many of them anyhow. Who’s to say they share his philosophys on coaching? In Jones they know who they are working for and what to expect. In them Jones knows what he wants and what he is getting.

Exactly Taleback , good point just look at the Ti-Cats coaching staff as an example since Austin came on board 3 seasons ago. It has remained basically intact for the most part in those three seasons and is one of the most if not the most stable coaching staffs in the league at this moment. Austin basically dumped the entire Cortez staff of 2012 and brought in his own guys as his assistants and co-ordinators as well as dumping pretty much the entire Ti-Cat roster from that 6-12 last place team of 2012. So like you say there is absolutely no guarantee that Maas would’ve retained some of them anyway and that’s also most likely why Jones is taking his staff he had from Edmonton with him to Saskatchewan and has already started the rebuild of the Riders by dumping close to 20 players from that wretched 3-15 squad since taking over.

Bang on TB.

Absolutely agree.
Also, I’ve always said Austin is a winner where ever he goes.
Frankly I wish he would have ended up in Saskatchewan as GM and HD few years back instead of Tamen.
Unfortunately, he wasn’t available that year as he was still down south, but I believe the next year Hamilton made their offer.
Anyway, Austin in the CFL is great for all.

Coaches salaries are not included in the players SMS.