Riders Cheat to Win Grey Cup!!

Well the Facts are in from the CFL after the Audits of financial records out of the Eight teams last year in the CFL the Green Rough Riders of Regina were the only team to cheat their way to a Grey Cup victory by exceeding the spending cap and salary limits, this is not the first time the Riders have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar, it has happened before and certainly not something that sets a good president for the league and for teams which must play by the rules and for people who watch the game, that dishonesty is the only way to win, well at least it is in Regina!!

The Canadian Football League announced on Wednesday that an extensive audit process has confirmed seven of eight teams were under the league's salary cap. According to a release sent by the league, the Saskatchewan Roughriders were the only team to exceed the cap. Their total salary expenditure of $4,417,975 was $17,975 over the salary cap of $4.4 million. Full Story.
(Photo: The Ca

Hey, cry me a river. They were over by 0.4%. That is less than a cup of coffee for every $100.00 they spent. For everyone who says yeah they bought this, how many years did teams like Toronto and Edmonton (pre-cap days) buy GC's. Now that we have the money I don't care as long as we don't exceed it enough to lose draft picks.

exactly

technically, it is a crime to steal a dime, but really, way to make something out of nothing OP.

Actually the Riders were a fair ways down the line when it came to real cheating in order to try to get a hand up in winning games.
2013 Total Penalties called against;
Montreal 195
Edmonton 193
Winnipeg 187
Toronto 175
Hamilton 157
Sask 148
Calgary 142
B.C. 128

So please fans of any team other than Calgary or B.C. refrain from commenting on cheating as you will be proven a fool by these stats.

A bitter ticats fan? That's uncharacteristic :lol:

Are you saying there is a president [sic] for this sort of thing :lol:

Oh brother.... you are crying over $17 K? Nice try... but the fact is that the SMS has many problems, not the least of which is that the amount is too low... should way more than $4.4 million... should be at least $5 mill per team... but if you need to rant like this to make yourself feel better about your team, then have at 'er... if they held one player's salary by sitting him out for the GC game, would you dispute the results? Would you feel better that your team still would have lost by 22 points?

And that 22 points was with the Riders not even trying for the last 7 minutes of the game. :thup: :thup: :thup:

blah blah blah.. whine whine.. boo hoo hoo..

too bad.

Maybe you can prove people to be fools but the fools did not cheat, the Riders did. It does not matter to what extent they cheated a more relevant fact is that they have cheated 4 out of the last 7 years.

If it were the Evil Empire that cheated you would cry for the next 20 years. Face it your team cheated, plain and simple.

yea $17,000 gave us the edge in winning the Grey Cup...

:roll:

good thing I won't have to worry about the Evil Empire winning anytime soon.

all the Rider fans are saying to everyone who's bitching about it "go cry me a river" they don't really care what you all think.

We Won the Cup and you sucked.

So I take it NONE of you here are fans of the Blue Jays.

Their spending spree that past 2 years have put them over the same mysterious "cap" that Major League Baseball puts on its teams.

I assume when the Nets beat the Raptors this series, you will all point out how Brooklyn is over the NBA "cap" and shouldn't have been allowed to play.

Please stop your bitterness people.

I agree with the Rider fans. 17 grand is just chump change. If that amount of money can be a difference maker, then this league is in trouble.

Ti-Cats fan here. Disappointing Saskatchewan went over the cap for the 4th time in 7 years - but $17,000 did not win them the Cup - their better play did. Having said that I agree with those that say repeat offenders should face stiffer penalties.

And the Jays are nowhere near the 'soft' salary cap in MLB - which this season is something like $189 million. The Jays salaries right now for 2014 come in just under $130 million - almost $60 million below the cap.

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/business/luxury-tax/ [url=http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/tor/toronto-blue-jays]http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/ ... -blue-jays[/url]

They went over by $56,250 spending on international players. They were hit with a "luxury tax". So they "cheated" by getting better international players.

Basically the equivalent of three games for a $100K player. How many games did Sheets miss?

Sounds like the Riders strategy is to spend to the cap, or close to it, and take the penalty when injuries put them over.

Awesome. That's exactly the two-wrongs-make-a-right mentality that cause the kind of problems that we all wanted an SMS system in the first place for. Now, that we finally have one, let's set parameters by which to abuse it. Brilliant. :thup:

Put an asterisk on the Grey Cup plate.

Seriously though, Sask played a much better GC game then Hamilton they deserved it more. However given that Sask has been the ONLY team that's consistently gone over the cap, the need for harsher violations beyond fining need to happen for violating the first stage of the cap. Picks should be forfeited at this stage moving forward.