Riders Chasing Joseph!

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article.jsp?content=20051201_232609_3788]http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article.jsp ... 32609_3788[/url]

Looks very interesting, i dunno if the Riders would have the $$ to sign Joseph though.

That is interesting, and it would to your already amazing running game since joseph is such a phenomenal scrambling qb. I guess $ is a concern for you riders fans though.

no money is not a concern. we have the money. I wish people would stop saying that. we were willing to, and offered as much as Calgary to Burris.

If we could get him we could keep him here.

I honestly don’t really want him. I want a pocket passer. I am sick of rushing QB’s.

I guess i just sort of assumed you guys had a shortage of money since everyone is always saying it. I've changed my mind on this situation, I think it would be best for the riders if they did get a pocket passing qb(like Billy said) because you have such a solid offensive line. The qb would have lots of time to make a play b/c of this. ?Dave Dickenson?- might be your answer(except his age). I always like watching Edmonton vs. Saskatchewan games the most, and I like them as intersting and as close a battle as possible, AS LONG AS THE ESKS WIN!

I think the Riders should do what Edmonton does and scout their own quarterbacks to bring into the league instead of taking everybody else's.

Damn Riders.

I think Joseph would be amazing behind Sask' o-line. In Ottawa, as soon as the ball was snapped, Joseph was forced to run for his life. Would he get some time to look at the play before throwing, he could be one of the best QBs around. Riders should definately go for him.

Joseph can scramble, but he's not in the top five list,in the CFL, as a passer...

Ray would not be on the top five list as a passer behind the Ottawa lline. Give Joseph some time and he could be one of the top QBs in the CFL.

Yea he's good..but he reminds me of another Neelon Greene...
Lot's of talent, but he makes poor decisions..

he makes poor decisions cuz hes always got 2 guys chasing him, the very second the ball is snapped to him.

give him time, and he can dominate.

Why would they want Jopesh? They have Crandell who is just as good.

the fact that you said this in all seriousness and believe it to be true tells everyone how much you know about football.
I'm not saying Crandell is horrible, but he is not as good as Joseph.

ah, c'mon, sure he is. if not, then why did the Riders beat the gads to CO?

sure, Riders have other better players, but tahnks to C leadership, they made it.

The Riders problems on offense were the caused by various problems. Poor play calling. Mental mistakes. Quarterbacks that could not complete a pass over ten yards. Receivers that could not catch a pass over ten yards. (These last 2 could be attributed to the Mental Mistakes.)

Now everyone in Riderville is calling for the head of Marcel Belefool, Nealon Greene, and most of the Receivers. Some even want to see Shivers and Barrett fired. (heard one of the local radio personalities in Regina say that Roy Shivers is actually Danny Barret with a mop on his Head). My question. Is it really necessary to clean house?

Marcel has to go, no question. The ball control offense that was implemented and stuck to faithfully this year failed miserably. Danny Barrett and Roy Shivers should be given 1 more chance. My suggestion to them is put a leader out on the field

I think Dave Dickenson would be the best choice for the Riders for this leadership roll. He is a proven leader who is a pocket passer quarterback who would get a lot of time to throw behind the riders offesive line (I know he is old but how much would he get hit behind the Riders Offensive line). I think that a proven quarterback is what this team needs. Establish some leadership on the field. It would be interesting to see if the receivers fall into line and play better.

If this doesn't work and we still cannot get a team that can go better than 11-7 for the season, then it's time to change a lot of things within the Riders organization.

Dickenson may get the roughies a home play off game, but that is all. He has not been able to win the big game ( 0-2) in the Grey Cup ( yes he has a ring when he backed up Garcia, but he did not play in that game.) I am still convinsed that Dickenson is one of the most over rated QB's in the CFL. There best bet is to go after Printers or Joseph.

Billy Kanga has a great point.Then you say he doesn't know anything about football.Who died and left you with knowledge.
Crandell is better than Joseph.
You know how much I like your riders.
When Kanga says Crandell is better than Joseph.
Well lets see.
Who has won more Grey Cup rings Joseph or Crandell?
Who had a better season this last season Joseph or Crandell?
So when you start yapping at least back up your facts.I'm not a big Kanga fan.However, saying he knows little about football,because you don't agree with him.
As for riders having alot of money?NOT!!!!
They might have broken even last year?
They have a little extra money from the Grey Cup 3 years ago.
They offered Burris that money,because they were relying on him for a riders home playoff game.
If there is so much money.Why didn't they buy out Shivers nad Barrett?
If they have alot of money,$400,000 wouldn't be to much.

CRANDELL ISNT EVEN IN TE SAME LEAGUE AS JOSEPH, JOSEPH IS THE NEXT BIG STAR...WHO EVER THINK HE IS, JUST DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL

Next big star!!!
How many years has he been in the league?
How many times has he been in the playoffs?
You don’t know anything about football!!!

LOOK AT THE TEAM HE HAS BEEN ON..........HES THE 3RD QB IN HISTORY TO RUN FOR MORE THEN A 1000 YARDS,HE RAN MORE YARDS THEN YOUR PRECIOUS JOHN AVERY.... LOL

Wackyoff,
If you knew moi.Then you would know I don't like Avery.
Until Joeph wins a cup.He is a nobody.Kind of like you on this forum.