Riders best team ever?????

67 , not modern era, still had some different rules and passing game was not a weapon like it is now .

Yah but who hasn’t destroyed the Riders in the Cup? You can’t pick every Eastern team as best ever.

Until another team goes undefeated, the 1948 Calgary Stampeders are the undisputed best CFL team ever. :thup: :cowboy:

mid 70’s ??? Even if yer talking “77”
theres only a 10 yr. gap. Didn’t realize the game changed sooooo much in a 10 yr. span??? Best is best no matter what the year was.Please explain what these so called different rules were,and how they affected the game so much? :roll:

LOL who said anything about every Eastern team as best ever? Besides according to Kasps the "48"Stamps don’t qualify as well as the "67"Cats…its only teams from mid 70’s and on that can make this list of best ever :roll: :wink:

If we are talking modern era, but if you open it up, It's the 47 Stamps, ran the table ! A great feat in any era.

Just researched it,3downhound is correct it was the 1948 STAMPS(12-0) not ‘47’ but alas not done in the mid 70’s therefore it apparently doesn’t qualify as best team ever :roll: :wink:

Yeah in Calgary they still talk about the '48 Grey Cup. That was the year that Calgary tramsformed the Grey Cup from a football game to a festival.

so even thought op posted in fun, the answer to his title question by a majority seems to be

...............................................NO

YUP !!! :wink: ]

I don’t think the old teams get enough credit. I’ve been reading heavily on the history of football in Canada and the early Dominion Championship, who cares if there wasn’t forward passing, those guys battled it out with pride for what they were fighting for. There might be some rule changes but if you look at all the old grey cup videos even in the 40’s, it still looks like a dam good game of football to me.

I really think that the CFL’s history does include the early Rough Riders, Tigers, Argos teams of the late 1800’s in my own opinion. It would be a shame to think a hundred years from now that nobody would consider this game right now as a relevant game to the game a hundred years from now.

Just a different game and different stlyes, the passing game really took hold in the 70s to now ! It was easier to play Defense when you only had to worry about the run !

You can't compare era's , I know Bobo is still crying about 67 Ticats , he's a big boy he will get over it. I love the tradition and history of the game. The game continues to evolve and I'm sure in 30 years things will have changed !

http://cfl.ca/greycupcentral/year/1967

72 yarder for t.d. from Joe Zuger,still holds record 8 t.d.s thrown in 1 game…what was that about passing…Kasps???

:cowboy: :rockin:

Bobo- who was better- Joe Zuger or Bernie Faloney or Frank Cosentino??

Purpose is to finish first in the west, host the west final, win, and win the GC. I don't care what the record is at the end of the season. Just beat BC by 1 more game. Calgary will be a distance third.

In order of rank…#1…Bernie Faloney (57-64)(grey cup wins…57,63)(Hall of Fame)
#2…Joe Zuger (62-71)(grey cup wins…63,65,67) (record 8 td passes in single game)
CFL.ca - Official site of the Canadian Football League#3…Frank Cosentino (60-66)(grey cup wins…63,65)

3 very good quarterbacks from the 60's. Kind of like Calgary in the late 90's with the transition from Flutie to Garcia to Dickenson. And, Edmonton in the 80's with Dunnigan, Ham and Allen. THen there was Moon and Wilkinson in the 70's. We have had some great ones in our league and some teams , through good scouting were blessed with several good q.b.'s.

:cowboy:

Rider Pride Nation Wide :thup: :rockin: :smiley: 8)