Riders being so bad will hurt TV ratings again

What a shock, another ridiculous rant against the Riders from this wing it, same as last year. Obviously your jealous of the Rider fans and the support they consistantly give to the team. You have to be because you have this huge chip on your shoulder. Pathetic but really nothing anyone doesn’t expect from you.

Get your numbers right, they province is over 1 million people, not 500,000. Telethons from the 90’s is relevant how now? Every team IN THE LEAGUE including Winnipeg has better attendance when they play the Riders at home. And why do people get thier panties in a knot is the Rider don’t sell out a home game, bizzare that this only applies to the Riders. The area they have to draw from is huge compared to the other teams.

It would be nice to hear the explanation on why Winnipeg didn’t sell out thier first playoff home game about two years ago. Yep GREAT fans. Okay let’s hear wingnut!

PS: thanks to all the Rider fans in Manitoba for thier support. We are lucky this wingnut doesn’t cheer for our team, he’s an embarrassment to the Bombers.

Also, it's a tad early to read anything into any team based on preseason play. And it is a rebuilding year for the Riders, so no one is thinking they will win the GC!

wingnut? wow, Did i insult or ?? hurt your feelings? I mean, really... what's the problem?

Call yourselves the best fans in the league? prove it.. that's all im saying, support your team if they suck.. watch them, sell out your games.. but insulting people for stating opinions? lol.. are you guys 8 years old? i mean.. i know you are but what am i.. i can speak your language too.. I'm rubber, you are glue, bounces off me and sticks to you.. na na na na... i mean really? insults?

only reason to watch the bombers is too see how long pierce stays healthy? is that a new one also? if pierce gets hurt,IF IF IF.. then elliot or brink will come in and do just fine.. What if if if durant got hurt?

This almost attitude of wishing a player gets hurt is pathetic and proves your ignorance.

No my feelings are just fine no matter how hard you try to hurt them.

And I’m so glad to see you back because you are without a doubt my favorite poster. Your zeal and passion far exceeds anyone else on this forum, but most of all, I dig you because you pack so much might and power into your swings, and are never ever ever discouraged no matter how incredibly far off the mark those swings may be.

Cheers to you my blue and gold friend. :thup:

you know its funny, you remember me but i dont remember you. Funny.

I dont even try to hurt feelings, i state my opinion, i dont throw out insults and call people wingnuts thats for sure… i state an opinion and lol, is this texting? because a lot of you tend to read far too into simple posts… There is no anger, there is no hatred, i’m a lover not a hater, it’s how you chose to read it. Keep in mind, i type this all with a big smile on my face. Every one of my posts i’ve ever made on this junior high insults site, every one of them, i type it with a smile on my face.

Stating opinions and getting insulted for it. Thats great.

But hey thanks for remembering me… that’s cool. But who are you again?

i do like your quote tho.. very true too.

My feeling is that Saskatchewan fans will watch regardless. Rider fans are diehards. Even in "foreign" markets a quarter or better of the attendance at a game are Rider fans. As long as the green and white are on tv there will be people tuning in. I think the ratings spike that the CFL needs is in Toronto. If the Argos get better then we'll see a rise in tv ratings on TV. The 2012 Riders will be better than last year. You can't judge a season by one preseason game.

Just my 2 cents. I don't claim to be an expert.

The arrow hits its mark with a bullseye… exactly the response I expected from you… all the other Bomber fans must cringe when they see you post… your original post just shows how much ignorance YOU have…

Don't know about you guys, but I just loooooooooove being called delusional, ignorant, and pathetic. Those are my favoritest compliments in the whole world.

hmmm…

how many ways can we take this thread and tear it apart. I dont’ even have the desire to care that much.

what a fool.

all you have to do is look at how much money the Riders make from selling souvenirs and stuff alone and you can see how huge we are.

When Rider gear sells faster than Eskimos Gear IN EDMONTON! that’s a sign.

This guy just has a hatred on so he is incapable of seeing this from an unbiased point of view.

the Rider fans are everywhere… EVERYWHERE…

not the case for Bombers fans, sadly. :roll:

Oh don’t worry, you are truly unforgettable. :smiley:

Yes. Somebody gets it, even if he ain’t an “expert”. :smiley:

Okay Wingnut let’s use logic here. U continue to Troll the Rider site and cut down the team and it’s fans. Trolling is against the rules from past posts I’ve seen here. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Your oh so innocence posted above, “what little old me” I never say anything bad is laughable. Again read ur posts. As some one else commented u don’t understand what u wrote.

This thread was not started by a rider fan, and this same person has posted the exact same thread on the rider site. Yet again same as last year u cut down riders fans as supposedly the best in the league, and prove it, etc etc. ur words not mine. ur cutting down rider fans based on a post by some non-rider fan. Where is the logic in attacking the fan base that had nothing to do with the post?

As for Pierce and injuries, I never said anything about that, Someone else posted that. U seem to enjoy attributing a negative post to anyone u want.

As for insults how did I insult you? I truely believe u are a Wingnut. U live ur life with rose coloured glasses, make up things to make your agruements, insult people “though u can’t imagine how they take it that way” as referenced in your blue bomber posts Daja Vu ( see comments regarding Ti-Cat fans), etc, etc. That’s a Wingnut, stir the pot but don’t take account of what u say. Perhaps it’s cowardice but I call it just being a Wingnut. I place AlsRule in that category too.

Ps: you wanted some prove of the support rider fans give, here is the link:

[url=http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Roughriders+looking+more/6797705/story.html]http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Roughr ... story.html[/url]

PS: same as last year, I told u this doesn’t make the rider fans the best or any better then other fans. Yet u continue to have this HUGE chip on ur shoulder in this regard. It’s like talking to a wall. Looks like some bomber fans agree.

I have no issue with opinions, but when given with no respect and totally negative under tones that are meant as insults, it’s a rant not opinion. If u use some type of logic than we can have a discussion. I’m positive most of this has been lost on you. Thank god ur not a Rider fan, Id hate to have this talk with a Rider fan.

:thup: :thup: I'm beginning to believe that he actually doesn't understand what he posts? It's the oly explanation outside of being small minded and petty! I'm not a bomber fan but until today, I didn't go on thier site trolling. It was only against this Wingnut and I did state in my trolling post that I did not mean to insult any other bomber fans. It's sad but Perhaps, this Wingnut might actually understand once he see's the post and thinks back on his past posts. It's a 1 in a million shot (probably even higher with this guy).

The issue is respect. I don't care if your team won five consecutive Grey Cups or went winless through an entire 18-game season. When you post, state your opinion without bashing other members. Don't call them delusional, don't mock their opinions, and don't pretend to be some kind of football visionary who sees things no one else sees. I come on this forum to talk football. For the most part, the fans here are respectful, knowledgeable, and fun to talk to. It's just a handful of posters who seem to think the forum is an acceptable place for their immaturity, arrogance, and spitefulness.

But then the only reason to watch the Riders is to see how many games they will need to win their first game. Then you can use the rest of their schedule to cut that grass. :lol:

… or go Bird hunting… :cowboy:

hmmm…

how many ways can we take this thread and tear it apart. I dont’ even have the desire to care that much.

what a fool.

all you have to do is look at how much money the Riders make from selling souvenirs and stuff alone and you can see how huge we are.

When Rider gear sells faster than Eskimos Gear IN EDMONTON! that’s a sign.

This guy just has a hatred on so he is incapable of seeing this from an unbiased point of view.

the Rider fans are everywhere… EVERYWHERE…

not the case for Bombers fans, sadly. :roll:
[/quote]
This is how the Riders are going to hurt the TV ratings yet again in 2012.
Our TV ratings were down. How do we explain this?" Cohon said.

The answer, he suggested, was that the Saskatchewan Roughriders sucked and their legion of fans around the nation dialled out on them this year.

OK, he didn’t phrase it exactly like that.

“Teams in Toronto and Saskatchewan struggled this year,” was how he put it.

“The Lions getting off to a 1-6 start didn’t help in Vancouver.”

There’s also a small flaw in the new ratings system, he suggested.

“Manitoba and Saskatchewan only have 60 households in the sample size,” he said of a most passionate area of the nation for the CFL.

"Last year we were up 100% on the year before and hockey up 50% (under the new system).

“We remain a very strong property in Canada, second only to hockey.”

And the Grey Cup is second to none.

What will the numbers be Sunday for the 99th Grey Cup game between the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and B.C. Lions?

Looks like the CFL will now battle American Idol for most watched. :lol: :lol: