Riders at Hamilton

Lol Hamilton is a train wreck for the most part. 2 wins, new HC, a defense that has been less then dominate to say the least(9th in red zone D) and we come within a dropped pass from possibly going to OT after having a 14 point lead with the wind going into the 4th quarter and this is all right? Yeah as Depop said if this was any other team we go home damaged in more way then one. So like I said it was an ugly win but a win and that is all that counts.

Still if you watched the game and couldn’t see that Bridge while putting up some good points and drives, he also was very lucky a more then a few plays not to have thrown a pick. The one play where he went deep with 3 defenders all in the area was a suicide pass and just pure luck it wasn’t picked. The one he threw with a lot of heat over the middle on a quick slant and the defender just plain missed the pick was another. The one where he throws to Bagg and Bagg had to tug on the defender’s arm and even then another defender almost picks it and Bagg got lucky not to get nailed for offensive PI, these are all very concerning decisions and against a team like the Stamps 99 % of the time those are all turnovers.

Now he did do some good things too obviously and in the first half was far better then I expected minus that one dumb pass that almost got picked. He moved the ball into the wind in the first fairly well and did put the ball into the end zone so yeah good on him for that. Now to get back to some of the bad things that were not his fault, like putting Adams in on the 5 yard line when no one was fooled what was coming. That was just plain stupid and a waste of a good scoring opportunity. Just a stupid, stupid scheme that hasn’t worked before and no surprise it was a major fail once again. The fact LaBatte got hurt and that killed any run plays but why not use Morris and throw some hitch screens? The guy has some wheels and I thought he could have had some success but they never even used him. That again is not on Bridge but on Mac. Jones doesn’t get off free either, as I mentioned yes the injuries hampered the defense but again no blitzes and an ineffective 3 man rush most of the time and Masoli had plenty of time back there. Now he had a bad game and was off on his accuracy so we lucked out there. The defense played very well in the first half and got plenty of two and outs and again yes the substitutions that had to fill were not getting the job done but realistically almost every team has some injuries during a game but the drop off in the second half on D was very disturbing.

Hopefully the guys that got injured tonight are not seriously hurt because this line up in the second half against the Stamps gets destroyed and very badly.

It is what it is but that kind of performance in other games that are left will not get us a playoff spot most likely.

Yes it may seem harsh but that is the reality of it or at least as I see it.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

With the question posed by Depopulation: "do you think they would have beaten any other team?"

Hard to say. They played great in first half and Hamilton didn't get a first down until halfway through 2nd Q.

Often teams play differently when facing different teams.

I think they decided that Hamilton did not pose a dynamic quick strike opponent so they went into this shell defense and super conservative offense. Partly due to their injuries.

They wouldn't do it against a better team I suspect. One would think a lesson was learned here. I hope the injuries, especially to Labatte aren't too serious.

Anyway fun to talk football. Not trying to pick a fight here.

Jones straight up says the O was not executing in the second half.

One would hope they would learn, but at this point it is a pattern on both sides of the ball.

We won. If I would have not watched the game and only listened to comments on the Point After, you would have thought we would have lost.

Hamilton came into the game on a two game winning streak. They put up a good fight at home but in the end we get the W.

Now hopefully our injuries aren't serious though Edem looked like he was in a sling on the sidelines. It'll be interesting to see what happened to Labatt. And I expect Glenn will make a return next week.

Edem is most likely of all 10 injured to miss next week IMO