Riders at Als 08|09|2019

Except maybe for his 32 yards run in preseason ? :wink:

At some point, they have to know what they have with Shiltz, after four years. I would start him, he’s got more practice time than Pipkin right now. If he can’t even manage a game, the Als should cut bait.

No Stanback at practice today unfortunately.

Totally agree.
Also, I must say that Pipkin is a major disappointment so far this year. I lost confidence : he is hesitant, keeps the football too much and too long, do not run anymore…

Don’t like our chances without Adams and Stanback.

Time to find out if Pipkin and/or Shiltz are capable CFL QBs.

I don’t know what to think about Pipkin right now. I don’t know if he’s frustrated because he lost his starter’s role to Manziel last year and Adams this year. Or if he just bad or if the playcalling was the problem.

… on the field …”?

Practicing? … Working out? … Meditating at mid-field? … “Watering” the grass?

:slight_smile:

Give him the start and see how he fares. Only way to find out.

But with no Stanback and no Johnstone…

What choice do they have?

Agreed. Especially Shiltz.

I think even without those guys we could see if Pipken can play at this level. I see a lot of Brandon Bridge in him. And like BB, a guy emulating Cam Newton in body language and expression. And like him, they throw not pass.

But it is obvious that that we all see what we want to see when watching a game. For instance I still see guys calling VA -Noodle Arm. or lacking arm strength or is terribly inaccurate.

I watch him and do not see those weaknesses at all. I see no noodle arm, see PLENTY of arm strength but do see an accuracy problem at times. But I see a guy on the brink of near greatness who the team rallies around. I love the guy and the way he plays.

Not sure why excuses keep being made for Pipkin - hes still young, but he throws a beautiful ball, he had to deal with Manziel, he was rusty, hes missing players, etc., etc.

We can find the same list of excuses for Arbuckle and Fajardo, and yet they are finding a way to get it done.

Adams has had far more to deal with in his career and he has been able to move forward.

Time for Pipkin to suck it up and show if he`s a CFL QB or not.

I do too. You don’t need a rocket of an arm in the CFL, it is about knowledge of your opponent, anticipation and time and space.

If I worry about anything it is the ability of the league to protect his scrawny arsss, with the game he likes to play. The CFLPA is a meat grinder league for Quarterbacks and I blame the CFLPA.

Absolutely, but you have to admit that Stanback has carried this team on its back for those 3 wins. Without him, the expectations on the scoreboard need to be tampered. But Pipkin needs to play better.

Exactly. Time to see what he can do.

Well, between Johnstone and Jameison I 'm not so sure we downgrade much.
Jameison play has really improved this year.