Riders already failing to sellout new Mosaic

The Riders have been one of the hottest teams in the CFL during the second half of the season. Combine that with the return of Darian Durant and this game should have been an automatic sellout. However, it appears the bloom is already off the road at new Mosaic as the stadium was nearly 3,000 short of capacity.

I guess all those Rider fans who claimed Mosaic was built too small are laughably mistaken as once again they overstate the devotion of "the best fans in the CFL." All in all, a pretty disappointing turnout for a city of about 200,000.

Hopefully you will honor your name from here on out.

They need to fix the parking problem around there, it’s major impediment, people just don’t want to take the bus,.

SRR fans are amazing and the pride of the CFL.

Every team should be so lucky.

However you build a stadium to last for 50 years. So stadium is still to small.

Should be 40,000

Cheers. Welcome to the new world

The game started at 7:30 pm. Many travel from Saskatoon, Yorkton, Estevan and other places throughout the province. We have things called jobs, and that makes it impossible for many in the province to make a 7:30 start time.

The truth hurts.

Rider fans have been encouraged to toot their own horn for about a decade or so now in no small part thanks to the never-ending lovefest from TSN and their ill-advised, premature comments anointing Rider Nation as the “best fans in the league.” Surely if the Rider fans are the best, they would sell out the entire first season at new Mosaic no problem, right? Apparently not.

Sorry, no excuses for the “best fans in the league.” A winning record and the return of Darian Durant should have ensured a sellout weeks in advance. If people can’t attend because they are working late there should be tens of thousands of other Rider fans willing to buy those leftover tickets who can accommodate it in their schedule. Rider Nation has over a million fans in Saskatchewan or so I am told.

The SRR fans are amazing. I wish 8 other cities had fans like that.

Don’t worry about TLW’s comments.

You guys are the best. :slight_smile:

Time for a new telethon :smiley:

In all seriousness, this thread only exsists due the high bar this franchise has had over the past decade or so. Then again any other team hitting 30K is a great feat and no team in the east is capable due to capaciy.

There seems to be a larger issue with attendance across sports. There are threads on hf about the Habs not selling out (yet they report sellouts) There was even a Rangers game that didn't sell out last week.

The sun will rise tomorrow.

Yup. :slight_smile:

OK, but those other towns aside, what about right there in Regina ?

The SRR fans are awesome and, like I said, every team should have that kind of fan base.

Once a jerk, always a jerk.

That does not answer the question I posted.

Not sure why it needs to be answered. Again, SRR fans are the best. Every team would be blessed to have such loyalty. Having said that, no one is perfect.

This thread is just an excuse to fight. Let’s not do that.

I had to work till 5 I am 4 hrs out of Regina, not going to make a Friday game… period!! dumb a**

Riders had 9 consecutive sellouts & stadium was at 91% capacity last night in a frozen sub zero degree night game.

And its the 2nd consecutive Friday night game in sub zero temps. Was a very good crowd last night.

Envy is running wild when Riders are getting called out for having 99.3% capacity for the season. Hilarious