Riders add former NFL star Vince Young to neg list

Riders add former NFL star Vince Young to neg list

[url=http://3downnation.com/2017/02/02/riders-add-former-nfl-star-vince-young-neg-list/]http://3downnation.com/2017/02/02/rider ... -neg-list/[/url]

"A third overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft by Tennessee, Young played six NFL seasons with the Titans and Eagles and a member of the Bills, Packers and Browns. He’s thrown for almost 9,000 yards in his NFL career with 46 touchdowns and 51 interceptions while adding 282 rushing attempts for 1,459 (5.2 yards-per-carry average) and 12 touchdowns. The 33-year-old hasn’t taken a pro snap since 2011 with Philadelphia. He announced his retirement from the NFL on June 14, 2014."

"Adding Young to the neg list does not necessarily mean that he will sign with the Riders, but given that the 2005 Heisman Trophy runner-up was added on Jan. 30, the timing is certainly curious."

Young is not young, He will be 34 in May
He declared bankruptcy at 30 and hasn't taken a snap since 2011. :roll:

https://newsone.com/2847223/vince-young-bankrupt/

Funny to see all these reporters that were laughing at Popp for neg listing NFL names and the minute Reed cleans out Popp’s neg list the Riders jump on one and its genius LMAO

The guy had potential Great potential but now no way I can't see it .

Jones went from no stones left unturned to Murphy help be push that boulder.

Meh, worth a look at the Florida mini camp.

Please expand :slight_smile: How is it worth precious time of what really is a very expensive and precious two days.

It's just another arm in mini camp, if he still has it you continue to evaluate, if not then so be it. Money is irrelevant

...... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....did Jones find him in the drunk tank...From Durant to a has been...I bet there are a lot of these faces in Regina right about now :oops: :oops: :oops:

Young was maybe a star for a season or 2.

Jones said no stones will be unturned. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires.

I still expect a trade for Franklin, each day that passes Hervey loses leverage. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Franklin requests a trade knowing he could start & make 4x the $ he is now.

If it helps, I find it even more ridiculous than when Montreal did it.

You think Franklin has more leverage than Jennings did last year with the Lions ? Hervey has no intention to trade Franklin, for one they need him, if anything happens to MR, Franklin is their season, second Saskatchewan being without a QB guarantees that Edmonton makes the post season. Even if he did, every day that goes by the anxiety in Saskatchewan grows. Start the season 0-3 and Jones will be willing to throw in his new crotch rocket. We haven't even talked about the Toronto situation yet.

For that matter, is he even going to be there?

If he is. Someone's got to snap a picture of Young with his mini-me (Kevin Glenn).

Well Pappy here's the latest pic of Young sporting his nice prison stripes garb :lol: He looks like he's in game shape to me , game shape that is if he was an O-Lineman :stuck_out_tongue: . You never know he could be the Sliders new LT they've been looking for. :lol: As they say in Saskatchewan......Keep em coming Jonesie !!! sign him up !!! he could be your blindside protection for Glenn or who ever else you decide to play at quarterback this year. :lol:

http://images.hookem.com/EcCpWwFF-0WzMMA9e9lbPWhQxEU=/fit-in/360x0/www.hookem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Young-Vincent-P-32-years-of-age-160241628.jpg

The latest on this story is that Young has agreed to sign with the Riders as soon as he's finished lunch . :lol: :lol: :lol:

He signed his contract with a fry dipped in gravy. :lol:

This is exciting. I am glad he is hustling trying to make some money playing football, instead of sitting on the porch continuing being broke. I hope he makes the cut, and I hope he does awesome. I was a fan of him on madden 08

Under Jones......no stone is left unturned.

Or farmhouse, hen-house, outhouse, or cat house, for that matter.....

Disagree. Franklin is the one in the drivers seat as he knows there is a starting position waiting for him with the leagues cash cow whether it’s this year or next. He is well within his rights to ask for a trade knowing full well that would put huge pressure on Hervey who would not want a disgruntled backup making league minimum. Jones was smart to sign Glenn as he can win some games in the mean time if this drags out. With each day that passes Hervey loses more & more leverage given that it’s been mentioned Franklin has no interest re-upping with Edm. The relationship between Jones & Franklin is well known, it’s only a matter of time.

As far as Toronto, it’s a tire fire. Argos can trade for Franklin but it’s not a given he’d sign a new contract with them knowing full well his good friend Jones is waiting for him with a bag full of cash.