Riders 54,330 over cap

So far, Ive seen only one of the naysayers who felt that the Riders were over by 300K+, and he is avoiding this topic like the plague. I guess he doesnt like to eat crow!

Actually, I was trying to defend your team but I guess that went over your head. Sense of humour crushed? No but I do like to get the facts a little bit straight and it is no secret that the privately owned teams have always had more opportunities to hide salaries, so I laugh a little when our community owned teams get questioned about salary abuse.

Oh, by the way it is: Eskimoes, Esks, Eskies, even Esquimaux…not 'Smoes, or was that just a typo? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

The problem is, Eskfan, that you were protecting the Riders from a Riderfan who just happened to be making a joke–which clearly you didn’t get…

And it is 'Smoe, thanks. No typo…

As I predicted…
By the way who are you talking about cough05cough…?

Well I guess I could respond by calling your team the Saskatchewannabes or the Regina Priders. But then again I’m a grown-up so I don’t find any joy in calling a team silly names. :stuck_out_tongue:

...could we maybe get back on topic?

Yeah!

Er, what was it?

I was on all weekend, I decided to check out the web site this morning. As I promised, I am officially admitting Tillman did not mislead anyone with his letter to the editor. When he said the riders would be over by $50K, he was being truthful

I appreciate you coming on Mike, and getting your helping of crow.
There are a few others on this forum who have been notable only for their abcence since this story came out. Which is okay because I’ve had a few laughs at their expense over this entire issue since TSN first fabricated their version. And laughter is good.

Good on you Mike.
Im sure that was not easy.

Lets see if the others who called Tillman a liar are adult enough to admit they were wrong

Good on you mike, but I would still wait until the offical league stuff comes out, then there will be no room to doubt. Now, do you have the teams address so that you can mail the medal you promised to Tillman?

Well the fine has already been sent to the league, so lots of luck if they change their mind…rumour is we will be having a toonie toss before the home opener to pay the fine…

Leeing not sure what medal you are talking about.

To the others, for me, I have no problem coming in here and admitting what I did. I said I would do it and I tend to be adult about living up to my word.

Good on ya, mike. Its time to move past this now, and focus on the season. Like Arius said, there are a few others who need to come on here and take their helping of crow.

Well as you all know I have been avoiding any rider posts but I noticed you have missed my input. Leeing is right I thought we were waiting for the official release by the CFL office not a retread article by the Leader Post. Leeing I commend you on your statment.
By the way let the rider rant continue I will not post replies on this subject any further.

Well, well.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone choke at just the mention of the word “crow” before.
Usually they at least try and swallow a piece.
I doubt anyone really expected anything more dignified from you on this, 05. Certainly, as you no doubt noticed, I predicted as much.
Nor will they be dissappointed if you do not comment further. Wait as long as you want to. All the facts are in, all the lies and distortions and fabrications and false reports have been banished and you are left with some vague notion that the numbers that you made up in your head are credible, but the numbers that the Riders have released in their financial statement, which is a legal document, and they have already paid the fine the league assessed them, mean nothing.

Carry on!!

05’s response makes Mike appear to be a giant among men…

You said if Tillman managed to get the payroll in the $50,000 range of being over you would give him a medal.

OK, I misquoted you a bit, here is what you said:

I honestly believe that Tillman believes the league will forgive the $385,000. [b]However, if you are right in your impression. Tillman should be given a medal.[/b] Not only did he budget he manage the budget very well being only $50,000 over. He had the foresight to budget $110,000 more then every one else for injuries. Now before you say where did you get that magically number it is very simple. $385-50-225 equals 110K.

Mike said he was wrong. Said that Tillman was being honest about cap. Give Mike credit for saying it. A man admits when he was wrong. Mike did. Wheres 05 who called our gm every name possible?