Riders 54,330 over cap

You are! Cheating So & So's!

I demand a rematch of the western Final!

Rematch? No problemo.
You might as well book your flights to Regina for Nov. 16, 2008 now. Game will be at Taylor Field, at a time to be named later.....

Arius, you need to send your bookkeeper to visit Hughie Campbell on how to hide salary cap overuns. :smiley: :smiley: I'm sure Hughie could easilly show you how to hide $55,000! :wink:

Sure strong predictions from someone who doesn't believe in his teams QB. What are we to believe my good man? Tell us the story before it happens, you seem to know down to the intimate details.

kel

My bookkeeper could have done it--easy...unfortunately, we have to put up with those clowns Flopson hired.....

Lighten up, Kel.
Sporty and I are having some fun…

"I would be surprised if we didn't lead the CFL in every category,'' Jim Hopson, the Roughriders president and CEO, said Friday.
That confirms it. The Roughriders spent the most money last season. Those cheaters had to buy their Grey Cup. :lol:
If only it was that easy to win the cup - 55 grand lol...

It is a given other teams will be over at various levels. Lets see who cheated to loose? lol

Oh suuure. When it's you, its that you were having some fun. Ahem double-standard...'scuse me I've got a little cold here. Well isn't that special? RW2005 and I were havin' us some fun til' you gone and wrecked it on that there other thread!

kel

Or, you could take the David Braley approach and don't let the CFL Auditors into the office! :lol: :lol:

Kel

Arius and I are are so tongue and cheek on this topic, my tongue is sticking out of my ear!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, have your fun but remember, others are permitted to have theirs too.

kel

Oh suuure. When it's you, its that you were having some fun. Ahem double-standard...'scuse me I've got a little cold here. Well isn't that special? RW2005 and I were havin' us some fun til' you gone and wrecked it on that there other thread!

kel

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had your tongue in your cheek when you were telling us how great Crandell has been the last few years.
My fault.
Carry on!!
(PS. it was paining me to agree with 05 anyway....)

Well I didn't hink he was that great or that horrible but for some odd reason I trust ET and KM and if they say Marcus has the job to lose then I think, as you have said, if he's not ready now whens he going to be? Plus, RW05' was making it out to seem like Marcus was working at 7-11 these days playing Madden in his spare time.

kel

Sorry but this is more petty jealousy showing through. Saskatchewan, like Edmonton, being community owned does not have many of the traditional options to hide salary. Fortunately many, like the evil personal services contracts are no longer being used.

It only goes to show, nothing breeds contempt like success.

Are you kidding? Hughie can hide an elephant in a shoebox if he was in a pinch!

Oh, yeah, it wasn't that Hopson's boys couldn't hide $55k.....it was moreso that the $55K was all they couldn't hide!

As a community owned team, their books are open to public scrutiny, as Edmontons were under Campbell. The Riders won fair and square, get over it. Why can't people accept what is and move on.

Let Saskatchewan revel in their Championship, can't see them repeating but I was wrong one other time....I think.

Don’t worry Artie. It is just that 2 years out of the play-offs has crushed all the sense of humour out of some 'Smoe fans…

Anyway, we all know the truth. The Riders were actually about 2 milion over the cap this year. The league just exempted all our injury salaries and we didn’t have to include the salaries of any player born on an odd day of the month, or a Wed. Players born on an odd day AND a Wed., actually reduced our cap total. That kind of thing.

cfleskfan....I'm far from heartbroken over the Riders winning.

In fact, it's cut down to two the number of nights a month I awaken to find myself sitting bolt upright in bed screaming at Greg Fieger for fumbling on the goal line at Empire Stadium.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There let me throw a few happy faces to make you feel better.

If you had followed the "tongue and cheek" exchange you'd have figured out we weren't serious. Prior to the SMS there were always whispers about how Edmonton were able to sign all these good players under the UNOFFICIAL leage cap. Were they over? Were they not? Nobody was taking a shot at the success.

Besides, in the meantime we figured out it wasn't money that attacted all these good players to the Eskies...... it was the Minus 30 degree weather from October to March that attracted them to the city of Champions! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but that's why many players stayed in Edmonton after retiring. :lol: :lol: :lol: