Rider/Ticat deal

What are your thoughts on the trade between the Riders and Ticats?

y would the riders want this guy?....i remember the ticats season opener last year, boreham missed every field goal attempt...even within 20 yards.

Boreham isn't coming to Saskatchewan to be a field goal kicker (that's Congi's job (which he did very well last year), he is going to compete with Congi for the punting and kick-off duties.

what were borhams punting numbers like?

he wasnt even the ticat punter last year...fleming was..so boreham cant be very good.

I don't see Boreham as an instant fix.
But he will provide competition at camp, and as he will not be asked to place-kick, only kick-off (and he apparently led the league in that catagory last year) and punt, he might be some help.
Unfortunately, his punting has never been that good.
He has a strong leg though, and might fill the gap while Luca masters the artform.
No reason to think Luca won't be our punter in the future, but he definately struggled last year.
Luca's average wasn't all that bad, but his hang time sucked!!

And we gave up (next to) nothing to get Boreham, so what the heck....

Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 03:41 PM

I don't see Boreham as an instant fix.
But he will provide competition at camp, and as he will not be asked to place-kick, only kick-off (and he apparently led the league in that catagory last year) and punt, he might be some help.
Unfortunately, his punting has never been that good.
He has a strong leg though, and might fill the gap while Luca masters the artform.
No reason to think Luca won't be our punter in the future, but he definately struggled last year.
Luca's average wasn't all that bad, but his hang time ****!!

And we gave up (next to) nothing to get Boreham, so what the heck....

i agree, but ive never been very comfortable with Luca's punting, he wasnt very consistant at all last year, i think boreham will be an upgrade on that front if they use him.

in J,B Sask gets a clutch placekicker who can punt and kick off, who has been developeing his craft for 3 seasons, And he can tackle like a LB.and probably could be a backup lb on any cfl team!

your kidding, right?

on the ticat forum, theres a 14 page thread on how terrible he is....its full of examples, cuz the thread is basiclly documenting the whole '06 season ....after every ticat game people would jump to that thread to talk about borehams latest missed FG from the 25 yard line.

This is a good move for Jamie, he is still a young guy and has a chance to rebound from that disaster last year. Never like to see a good Canadian kid have his career derailed because of a bad season or two.

He is not a clutch kicker not by a long shot. I remember last year he could not make a field goal 40 yards or more ever and he missed quite a few inside the 40

Good post baron.

Good deal for both teams especially Sask, as Luca was brutal in punting.
I know the Cats had a few other punters early in the season including one American, whose name escapes me, he also did a dual job.
I wonder if this guy will be back or did the Cats draft a Canadian punter?

Mass, not sure about the clutch Kicker part, but I agree about his hitting prowess.
He only played one year hear at the U of S (academicaly ineligible the next then he went to bc or manitoba or both, forget the order.) But he was the starting Safety that year as well as kicker. And man can he hit. It was awesome watching him lay into recievers.

So having him at kicker helps tremondously on special teams as you have a player out there who knows exactly what he is doing on covers.

hes never played a down of football as LB, in college he played saftey so out wit the LB and say he cud be used as like a 4th string saftey