rider/Tiacat trade talks

I here Tilman is close to completing a deal that would bring Maas and Holmes back to Sk. in return for Kenton Kieth and Joseph. Sounds like an even trade to me.

we heard this rumour long ago...most agree, its nothign but a rumour.

and its not a fair deal...its lopsided in the ticats favor.

joseph and kieth had far-and-away a better season than maas and holmes last year.

Too bad!!!!!

Yup...this one was making the rounds in Winnipeg shortly after the Grey Cup finished.
I think there is a thread on it here somewhere.

"Nothing would surprise me" is what I said then...and I'd say that again!

Yea...here it is...

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14008&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... highlight=[/url]

By the way...check your heading...it's Ticats" :lol:

Reader's Digest Condensed from the linked thread:

Best point as I recall was from Ronfromtigertown, pointing out that it would be double-dealing of a problematic nature for Desjardins to work out a long-term deal with Holmes and then wheel around and trade him very soon thereafter.

If one wants to set a tone for a football organization and make it an attractive environment for players to come to, methinks one doesn't pull a Sybil -- especially when a player of that ability makes a commitment to the club on a long-term basis.

Oski Wee Wee,

i think you guyz are to harsh on mass

I must agree with oski-oui-oui. I would be surprised if Desjardins did this after having Holmes commit on a long term basis. Would it be entirely impossible....never. If the right deal came along, I'm sure Desjardins wouldn't hesitate. Having said that, I don't think Desjardins says one thing but does another. He's a straight shooter and people generally know where he's coming from especially with what I have read so far on him since August.

With Kenton Keith going to the Colts, the Riders will be looking at trying to get Holmes back.

It's a possibility - Holmes for Kerry Joseph.

Kenton Keith signed with the Colts and if you traded Holmes for Joseph you are a complete idiot!!!!!! Joseph sucks!!!!

If we don't cut them first, I could see us trading Pat Fleming, Jamie Boreham or Barrenechea to the Riders for a receiver.

I think both kickers I mentioned are done in Hamilton, but Saskatchewan's kicking situation needs help. I also think Barrenechea would only be a special teams guy with the Ticats in 2007. He got his shot at starting MLB and blew it (worst run-stopper in the league).

Don't understand your point.
If you traded Holmes for Joesph you would be a complete idiot???

I assume you mean that the Ticats would get by far the best of the deal - A 5,000 yard passer, 25 TD passes, and a 1,000 yard rusher.
It would be a steal for the Ticats - don't count it out.

Old news.. don't think it will happen, but I guess you never know. I don't think the Riders would want Holmes' salary.

it's Can't happen now Keith Signed with the NFL Colts.. 2 days ago ..

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=192476&hubname=cfl