Rider Pride?

There needs to be some changes in Riderville. It seems that that there are more than a few players who dont seem to have any pride in their game at all, and it showed against Calgary. The players seem to just want to go through the motions, not play up to their potential. The players need to called out on their performance, fans need to step up and challenge these guys to play they way they are supposed to, maybe the coaches need to impose a curfew on these guys, make sure they concentrate on football

I don't think it's up to us to judge if the Riders take pride in their performances or not. They know that for themselves. Unless we're there playing the game, we have no clue.

i think sam is tring to say is…maybe some players dont have that pride :expressionless: by watching that last game :roll: and are here to play ball and collect a cheque? :? and thats it

But how do we know? We don't.

That being said, something needs to be done.

well we dont..maybe the loss of a couple of players on D ....made the diffence

No matter what job you do, if you take pride in your work, it will show. The game against Calgary showed me that some of those guys dont have that pride. Im willing to bet they are saying , its ok, we will be better next time out. No anger or shame in the way they performed, just indifference. Those are the guys that need to be taken to task. No player on defense can say they had a good game, no pass rush, unable to stop the run, terrible coverage and poor tackling. If anyone of those players tell you they didnt play that bad, then they are kidding themselves and we, the fans are in for a long, long season of terrible football.

Remember, they came back from a 17-3 deficit and managed to tie it by the half. I thought that showed pride. Yes, they got blown out in the second half, but rember, Calgary is a good team, and they play hard too. If you think some of the Riders didn't show pride, cite a play. Just because someone misses a tackle or gets beat doen't mean they don't have pride. Let's wait to push the panic button!

You really can't cite a specific play, but to allow a team to score 33 second half points is just not acceptable. Nik Lewis dropped a sure TD pass on the goal line and was wide open. Whoever blew that coverage didnt have his head in the game, and was very fortunate that Lewis dropped that ball.

Total lack of passion or pride when Reynold's ran his last TD in the fourth (29 yeards I believe). At least 4 or 5 different Riders made at best a half assed effort to tackle him. The game was out of reach and they stopped caring. If they had any pride at all they would have at least put in a full effort to stop them from scoring over 50 points.

Go Riders!!