Rider Nation Given Commissioners Award!

now if there's anymore proof needed to see whether or not We are the CFL's best fans.. then I dunno what can be done!

the proof is in the article! :smiley:

[url]http://www.cfl.ca/article/rider-nation-receives-commissioner-s-award[/url]

...the award wasn't given for 'best fans'...like the commish is going to slap the other seven nations in the face...read what he said:

"This year, the one hundredth year of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, I decided to pay tribute to a group that epitomizes the way CFL fans love our league: the Rider Nation, which collectively does so much to make our league vibrant and strong and fun."

...spin it how you want, I think the rider nation does a great job promoting the league and making it fun, but to claim what you claim is outright arrogant and plainly wrong...

eh…

name any other team that fills other teams stadiums the way we do?

that finds a way to sell as much merchandise as we do?

whenever the CFL asks a team if they want to play the Riders in Moncton as the home team, they decline because they don’t want to lose out on the increased revenue from that game.

…which means nothing to any of the other seven nations…buying more hats and being best fans (if such a thing actually existed) are mutually exclusive, but you keep on thinking they are related…

…link please, right away in fact as the concrete cutters are due any minute at my house…

there are some things that get said that are not published for the Media or online RW…

this is something that was said.

Toronto was supposed to originally play Saskatchewan in Moncton but they said no because they didn’t want to lose out on their biggest day of income when the Riders come to town.

doesn’t surprise me.

...then it is your opinion and the accepted norm in this forum is to state it thusly and not relay it as if it was fact...it is plausible, sure I dont' think it's unreasonable to think it might be, is it abject fact that we should all bow down to? sorry, nope...

...besides, IIRC the league compensates the 'home' team anyway for the Atlantic Canada game, paying the difference between the actual gate and what the home team would've earned if the game were played at home...

Man get over yourself, its old already. So there’s a pack mentality in Saskabush, big deal. :roll:

Jealousy hides itself in many forms man... :cowboy:

...to say nothing of pride...

all informal.

Are you kidding me? We're having this discussion again? I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, cfl, how unfulfilling is your real life, man?

cfl, isn’t getting the nod from the commish enough? Leave it alone already.

Pretty sure this award was given for stacking the TSN play of the year vote, again. :stuck_out_tongue:

When there’s only one bandwagon for miles around, it gets pretty popular. (Now, about Winnipeg…)

…hey …don’t get on us…we sell that hayride a lot of banjos… :rockin:

This award was a joke and gimmick.
I think even rider fans can understand that and won't take much pride in it..
Having said that the rest of the awards show was great.

Obviously the award is because of the teams 100th anniversary. Just like we got our own Loonie. Lots of activities in Sasky to celebrate the anniversary, so this is no big deal. It's a nice way for the league to acknowledge the team and its fans. It's not braggin' to say that the team has the most fans in the league, just a fact. Football is HUGE in Sasky and it's a reflection of that fact. So thank-you league, but I'd rather win a Grey Cup this Sunday.

what other pro teams do you have in saskatchewan to rival for merch sales or priority amongest sports fans? nothing. the merchandise sales mean nothing as far as how "good" your fans are. calgary and others are making profits, its been anounced. dont have a link sorry heard it reported on am770. but either way as its been stated this is being given to "Rider Nation" because of the centennial. im suprised cflisbest didnt try to email the league right away offering to accept the award... he seems to be the only one taking as a victory rather than an excellent acknowledgement of success in the CFL

marking as read

Jakob7

what other pro teams do you have in saskatchewan to rival for merch sales or priority amongest sports fans? nothing. the merchandise sales mean nothing as far as how "good" your fans are. calgary and others are making profits, its been anounced.
I was talking to the lady at the stamps store one day. They sell more rider gear during a rider game in Calgary then they sell any other gear, any other time of the year. That seems to be the same regardless where they play.

If you are a true football fan, you buy football gear if you can afford it. This has nothing to do with the fact Sask has no othe professional sports.

By the way, my jersey I bought at McMahon stadium, my two hats at BC place and my shirt at Commanwealth.